The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Official Queen's University Belfast freshers 2023 chat

Hello and welcome to all the Queen's University Belfast Freshers of 2023! :hello:

You made it through your exams, results day has been and gone, and now you finally know where you’ll be headed in just a few weeks! :thumbsup:

This is a place where you can introduce yourself, meet other students who’ll be joining you at university, and make a few friends even before you arrive! :yeah:

So to kick off, why not introduce yourself with:
What course you’ll be studying
What you like doing in your spare time
What you’re most looking forward to about studying at Queen's University Belfast

Only share as much information as you wish.
In this forum, you can post anonymously if you tick the box at the bottom. :smile:

Finally, a few useful threads you might want to take a look at to help you prepare:
Remember to update your student finance application - The Student Room

Good luck everyone and a massive WELL DONE for everything you have achieved!
Reply 1
Heya! I'm Jack, although my username on most sites is Regen. Crazy to think that I'll be going to university in just a few short weeks.

I'll be studying Business Economics full-time as an undergrad.
In my spare time, I like playing computer games (especially rhythm games) and chatting with friends online about all sortsa stuff!
I'm really looking forward to getting to spend more time in Belfast, getting to participate in both the usual boring school stuff and also going to events to meet people and have a good time!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Hi, I'm Nicole and I'll be studying Drama with English at QUB! I'm buzzing and also terrified, haha.

I like listening to music (on a pop kick rn) reading, watching YouTube videos, going to the gym in my free time, as well as being a huge foodie and loving the odd night out drinking! :smile:

I'm also SOOO excited to join the Queen's Musical Theatre Society! Already have a friend a year ahead of me in the society, who's studying Drama in Queen's too. Like all of us, I'm excited to both knuckle down to my studies, search for other opportunities and also straight up have a laugh. Hopefully I'll make some friends!

Damn, that sounds generic as hell lmao
Reply 3
hii!! I’m tapasya :] i’ll be studying compsci, I didn’t do it at a-level so i’m cramming the basics right now 🫠
i like playing video games / drawing in my spare time, or watching kdramas :>
i’m super excited to try out new things, join a lot of clubs/ societies and make new friends ^^
i say that but I know i’m going to spend a lot of time in the library too :,)
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Hi! I’m Eric, I’ll be studying Biological sciences. I’m from England so the idea of going to a new country for uni has me absolutely bricking it haha.

Most looking forward to meeting and befriending new people! Trying to get a head start here ig. Excited for the societies too. I like playing the occasional videogame, trying out circus skills, hopefully I’ll find people with similar interests

Edit: I’m nb so if anyone else is queer and full of fear hmu lol
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi I’m Ellie, I’m actually so excited to be going to Queens in just a couple of weeks now. I’m studying Drama and English full time. I actually can’t believe it’s real.

When I have time, I love listening to music, doing makeup, fashion, watching horror movies til the late hours of the night and drawing and art in general. I’m also partial to a good night out.

I’m really excited to start studying subjects that interested me and I can’t wait to join some societies-especially musical theatre- and make so many great new friends
Original post by SawayamaFan
Hi, I'm Nicole and I'll be studying Drama with English at QUB! I'm buzzing and also terrified, haha.

I like listening to music (on a pop kick rn) reading, watching YouTube videos, going to the gym in my free time, as well as being a huge foodie and loving the odd night out drinking! :smile:

I'm also SOOO excited to join the Queen's Musical Theatre Society! Already have a friend a year ahead of me in the society, who's studying Drama in Queen's too. Like all of us, I'm excited to both knuckle down to my studies, search for other opportunities and also straight up have a laugh. Hopefully I'll make some friends!

Damn, that sounds generic as hell lmao

Wow! I’m doing Drama and English too! (I’m also really excited to join the musical theatre society) I’ll see you there 🌷
Original post by Anonymous
Wow! I’m doing Drama and English too! (I’m also really excited to join the musical theatre society) I’ll see you there 🌷

Yeah, I'll see you there! :biggrin:
I'm hoping to get familiar with some faces around campus through Freshers events and stuff. Seems like uni is practically on top of us already, huh?
Original post by ttiwxri
hii!! I’m tapasya :] i’ll be studying compsci, I didn’t do it at a-level so i’m cramming the basics right now 🫠
i like playing video games / drawing in my spare time, or watching kdramas :>
i’m super excited to try out new things, join a lot of clubs/ societies and make new friends ^^
i say that but I know i’m going to spend a lot of time in the library too :,)

Hi! Omg I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you, but The Student Room won't let me reply to your PM because my account isn't established enough or something. My insta is nic.lim0423 and my snap is nlim0418 tho :smile: That also goes for any other QUB freshers who wanna chat!
Hi, I'm Elliot, I'll be studying Computer Science. I'm coming up from England to study here, and I was wondering what the best date to arrive is?
Reply 10
Original post by GreasyGregory
Hi, I'm Elliot, I'll be studying Computer Science. I'm coming up from England to study here, and I was wondering what the best date to arrive is?

Accommodation becomes available from the 9th I think. There’s lots of engagement programmes running from the 11th, like campus tours and stuff, and a welcome day on the 14th I think, so dates around then seems good. I’m coming up on the 16th so I miss all that :/ but it’s probably not a huge issue, I’ve got half a plan to book a campus tour independently so I still know where everything is, there’s probably other various workarounds. Just give yourself at least a few days before term starts to get your bearings
Heya im eden and im studying social work.How’s everyone finding things so far

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending