University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

The Official Essex Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #4
Can Tesco be delivered to our accommodation? I would be living in the houses

Hiya 👋

You can get Tesco delivery! I have a friend that lives in The Houses and they get groceries delivered every week. They can't deliver it to your door, but you can meet them at the top of the car park closest to the accommodation, so not far at all 🛍️🛒

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by EssexStudentRep
Hiya 👋

You can get Tesco delivery! I have a friend that lives in The Houses and they get groceries delivered every week. They can't deliver it to your door, but you can meet them at the top of the car park closest to the accommodation, so not far at all 🛍️🛒

Best wishes

Great! Thank you! 😀
Great! Thank you! 😀

You're welcome 😊

Are you looking forward to it? The Houses are lovely, you're right in Wivenhoe park, it's so pretty

Best wishes
You're welcome 😊

Are you looking forward to it? The Houses are lovely, you're right in Wivenhoe park, it's so pretty

Best wishes

Very much so! The houses are both the cheapest en suite rooms, and they look very nice! 🙂 I like that it is a more quiet area, not a big party person 😅
Does this uni have any spaces/events/groups for LGBT Christians? It might sound quite specific, but I think it would be really nice to be around others like myself.
Does this uni have any spaces/events/groups for LGBT Christians? It might sound quite specific, but I think it would be really nice to be around others like myself.

Hi,
The University of Essex offers more than 100 societies including LGBTQ+ and a variety of religious societies such us Catholic and Christian Union society.
Every Sunday on campus our priest delivers a mass followed by a gathering where students can connect with others and enjoy light refreshments.

I hope this information helped.
This is the link for the societies at Essex: Find A Society (essexstudent.com)

Essex Official Rep- Cat🤩

Hiya !
Yes, Tesco can be delivered to the Houses.🚛🥓🍖🥙
Probably they will deliver it on the North Towers car park and than you will take to back to the accomodation.

Essex Official Rep- Cat 🤩

Hi @Anonymous #4,

It is possible for your food shop to be delivered to your on campus accommodation. 😊

All the best,

Official Essex Rep - Aimée
Reply 28
Hi! I got an offer to study psychology! Does anyone have some insight on the course that they could share? I really like the subject but it can be very hit or miss depending on the teacher/environment. Essex is my fav option right now but I still have a long time to decide so I'll visit it at some point!
Reply 29
Hi, is anyone from London attending the offer holders day on the 17th?
Original post by Talkative Toad
The Official University of Essex 2024 Entry Thread

university_of_essex_0.jpg
Hi :hi:
This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Essex for 2024!
Meet and chat to other people applying here.
Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Essex.
1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Essex do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Essex specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?
You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

Ok, I'll list out the questions with my answers under so I can keep track.
1) What A Levels are you doing?
Biology, Chemistry & Economics (Did EPQ Last year and got a C, free UCAS points)
Biochemistry, I like Bio and Chem, put them together, sounds fun
GCSE:
Maths: 6
Science (Combined); 7/7
English Lit: 6
English Lang: 7
Geography: 7
RE: 8
French: 8
Design Tech (3D Design): 6
__
After Y12 - I was Predicted A* B A* In the order of subjects listed above
I went there when me and my parents dropped off my sister to move to her Accom, it looked really cool and was only the 2nd university I had been to (at the time). So I applied the next week, since I had to do an Early Application. And I've visited it again, for the offer holder day and I loved it even more than the first time so I put it as my firm with QMUL as my insurance. They have a lot of benefits w/ accommodation and the sports facilities look really good.
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
None luckily, that being said, I do like exams in general and would not have minded doing one (not so much now with my A-Levels coming up)
Already been
Really excited, going to change my degree from placement year to study abroad so I can go to an American Uni. I see that Essex is part of ISEP and so I could go to some very high rep schools
QMUL's my insurance (AAB) and I chose Essex as my firm (CCC/96 UCAS points). Essex is just better imo
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by Jimi.priv
Hi, is anyone from London attending the offer holders day on the 17th?

Oh.. I did go but I haven't been on the site in months so sorry. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did
Original post by aaroninho
Ok, I'll list out the questions with my answers under so I can keep track.
1) What A Levels are you doing?
Biology, Chemistry & Economics (Did EPQ Last year and got a C, free UCAS points)
Biochemistry, I like Bio and Chem, put them together, sounds fun
GCSE:
Maths: 6
Science (Combined); 7/7
English Lit: 6
English Lang: 7
Geography: 7
RE: 8
French: 8
Design Tech (3D Design): 6
__
After Y12 - I was Predicted A* B A* In the order of subjects listed above
I went there when me and my parents dropped off my sister to move to her Accom, it looked really cool and was only the 2nd university I had been to (at the time). So I applied the next week, since I had to do an Early Application. And I've visited it again, for the offer holder day and I loved it even more than the first time so I put it as my firm with QMUL as my insurance. They have a lot of benefits w/ accommodation and the sports facilities look really good.
None luckily, that being said, I do like exams in general and would not have minded doing one (not so much now with my A-Levels coming up)
Already been
Really excited, going to change my degree from placement year to study abroad so I can go to an American Uni. I see that Essex is part of ISEP and so I could go to some very high rep schools
QMUL's my insurance (AAB) and I chose Essex as my firm (CCC/96 UCAS points). Essex is just better imo

Hey @aaroninho

Great answers! Glad you enjoyed the offer holder day 😊

Love that you're thinking of a year abroad. The Essex Abroad team are always on hand to help with any queries and support.

I'm doing a placement year and it's such a great experience. You don't have to worry about changing your degree yet though. Second year is when we start thinking about what we want to do and the course codes are pretty flexible at any point.

I study biomed and a lot of the life sciences courses have overlapping modules in the first year. You'll have lectures alongside students for biochem, biomed, genetics, marine biology, biological sciences, environment & sustainability, etc. It's a great way to meet more people. We split off more in the second year when everyone picks their modules.

Be sure to get involved in welcome week, the week before timetabled lectures start. There'll be loads to see and do. All the clubs and societies will be out to show you what you can get involved in, and make the most of all the sports club taster sessions as well!

Good luck with your A-Levels!

Best wishes
Hey @aaroninho
Great answers! Glad you enjoyed the offer holder day 😊
Love that you're thinking of a year abroad. The Essex Abroad team are always on hand to help with any queries and support.
I'm doing a placement year and it's such a great experience. You don't have to worry about changing your degree yet though. Second year is when we start thinking about what we want to do and the course codes are pretty flexible at any point.
I study biomed and a lot of the life sciences courses have overlapping modules in the first year. You'll have lectures alongside students for biochem, biomed, genetics, marine biology, biological sciences, environment & sustainability, etc. It's a great way to meet more people. We split off more in the second year when everyone picks their modules.
Be sure to get involved in welcome week, the week before timetabled lectures start. There'll be loads to see and do. All the clubs and societies will be out to show you what you can get involved in, and make the most of all the sports club taster sessions as well!
Good luck with your A-Levels!
Best wishes

Thanks Hayley, useful info. And i'll definitely go to the sports tasters as I really want to join many sports teams this year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending