The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex Open Days 2023

Hi! :smile:

This is new thread for anyone who is booked onto or thinking of attending one of our upcoming Open Days.

Our Open Day dates for Colchester are:

- Saturday 16 September
- Saturday 28 October

Our Southend Open Day is on:

- Saturday 14 October

Attending an Open Day will give you a chance to speak with academics, attend campus and accommodation tours and get a feel for what life here at Essex is like.

If you would like to book on to one of our Open Days, visit here: https://www.essex.ac.uk/visit-us/open-days

If you have any questions, please send them across and we'll be happy to answer them. :h:

Best wishes,
Connar (Official Essex Rep)
(edited 7 months ago)
Hello House

Can anyone tell me Heathrow airport or Stanted airport is better for first timers to UK?
If I choose the airport facility by Essex University, is it available till the last time slot?
I have heard Heathrow airport takes time to clear immigration for first time arrivals, then what if I miss the time slot I choose from the University transport slot?
Please reply
Thanks
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hello House

Can anyone tell me Heathrow airport or Stanted airport is better for first timers to UK?
If I choose the airport facility by Essex University, is it available till the last time slot?
I have heard Heathrow airport takes time to clear immigration for first time arrivals, then what if I miss the time slot I choose from the University transport slot?
Please reply
Thanks

Hi,
Stansted airport is closer to the University of Essex then Heathrow so I will advise you to arrive to stansted
In case you don't catch the university transport service that you book, bought airports (Heathrow and Stansted) provide a bus service that will take you to Colchester town ( Colchester east hill/high street) and from there you just need to take a taxi to university.
the bus service from the airport is called National Express, here is the link: https://www.nationalexpress.com/en
I hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else you need help with this need transaction to the UK 😉

Essex official Rep- Cat😊
Hi 😊

Our next Open Day is on Saturday 14 October at our Southend campus!

There will be talks, campus and accommodation tours, as well as opportunities to meet with your department and speak with academics.

To book on to this Open Day or for more information, please see here: https://www.essex.ac.uk/events/2023/10/14/southend-open-day

If you have any questions, please send them through and we'll get them all answered. 😊

Connar - Essex Official Rep
(edited 6 months ago)
Hey,

if anyone studying at the Southend Campus needs contraception, morning after pill, STI testing, STI treatment, PrEP, PEP, or pregnancy testing, you can visit Brook Southend -- it's on the first floor of The Victoria Shopping Centre, in the high street. it's free for everyone living, working or studying in Southend, including uni students and regardless of immigration status.

you can call them on 0330 135 5916, book online at sxt.health/uk, or visit their website at sexualhealthsouthend.co.uk.any questions and you can use the webchat service on their website, available during the week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending