The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Essex university FdSc Oral health science

Hey wondering if anyone can help. I applied for 2024, and recently found out I’ve been unsuccessful with my application. I’m absolutely devastated, was really hoping for this. However it is my first attempt, and was wondering if anyone can give me advice if you have been successful with an application. I am a qualified nurse, with GCSE’s, but no A levels in a related subject or an access course. Would I be better off completing an Oral Heath education qualification or an access course. If it were an access course does anyone recommend a particular one?
Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Rosemartin1
Hey wondering if anyone can help. I applied for 2024, and recently found out I’ve been unsuccessful with my application. I’m absolutely devastated, was really hoping for this. However it is my first attempt, and was wondering if anyone can give me advice if you have been successful with an application. I am a qualified nurse, with GCSE’s, but no A levels in a related subject or an access course. Would I be better off completing an Oral Heath education qualification or an access course. If it were an access course does anyone recommend a particular one?
Thank you!

I think it would be worth first asking the university why you were not accepted and start from there.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Thank you!

Hi,
Sorry to hear that 😢
When did you apply and when did they get back to you?
I applied last week but not heard anything yet.
I’ve heard previously a lot of it is down to your personal statement and reference. (Obviously you have to meet the criteria they ask for but sounds like you already do with nursing and gcses)
My friend qualified from this course last year and she only had dental nursing, basic GCSE’s and a had done dental sedation. I think they do like you to have done extra courses if you’re a dental nurse but it’s not essential. xx
Thank you!

Hi @Rosemartin1 ,
I am sorry to hear you where unsuccessful this time.
I would recommend asking for feedback from the admissions team and retry to apply during clearing.
I hope this helps.

Essex Official Rep- Cat 😉
Original post by EssexOfficialRep
Hi @Rosemartin1 ,
I am sorry to hear you where unsuccessful this time.
I would recommend asking for feedback from the admissions team and retry to apply during clearing.
I hope this helps.

Essex Official Rep- Cat 😉

Hi,
Do you know how long they are taking to offer interviews/rejections once you apply? I applied around 2 weeks ago and it said I should here back within 2 weeks, just wondering weather to keep waiting or email them?
Thanks
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi,
Do you know how long they are taking to offer interviews/rejections once you apply? I applied around 2 weeks ago and it said I should here back within 2 weeks, just wondering weather to keep waiting or email them?
Thanks

Hiya,
I would wait one more week and if you still don't have any response back by then you should email the admissions team.
Let me now how it goes.🤩

Essex Official Rep- Cat😊
Hi,
Okay thank you ☺️
Does anyone have the admission tutors email for Essex?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Does anyone have the admission tutors email for Essex?

Hiya,
The undergraduate admissions team email at Essex is [email protected].
On the other hand, personal tutor information you can find on this page. Personal Tutors | University of Essex
Once you start your course with us you will be attributed automatically a tutor.

I hope this information helps.
If you have any questions don't hesitate in contacting me.

Essex Official Rep- Cat🤩
Hi
I applied for the Oral Health Sciences at Essex in October and I had an interview in November. I have not heard anything back. I was just wondering if I should email someone or just wait until I hear something back. Just curious. Can anyone advise. Thanks ☺️
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hi
I applied for the Oral Health Sciences at Essex in October and I had an interview in November. I have not heard anything back. I was just wondering if I should email someone or just wait until I hear something back. Just curious. Can anyone advise. Thanks ☺️

Hi,
They don’t usually let anyone know until May.
The wait is a killer isn’t it!!
Hope you interview went well x
Hi,
They don’t usually let anyone know until May.
The wait is a killer isn’t it!!
Hope you interview went well x

Hey
Yes the wait feels sooo long.
But I guess I’ll wait until May. I feel like it did go well, not sure.
Thanks for the reply.
Hey
Yes the wait feels sooo long.
But I guess I’ll wait until May. I feel like it did go well, not sure.
Thanks for the reply.

Aww I hope so.
Was it just one person interviewing on teams?
How long did they take to get back to you after applying? I applied around 3 weeks ago, not heard anything just yet x
Aww I hope so.
Was it just one person interviewing on teams?
How long did they take to get back to you after applying? I applied around 3 weeks ago, not heard anything just yet x

Yes it was one person on teams and they took 1 month to send interviews details.
Yes it was one person on teams and they took 1 month to send interviews details.

Ahh okay, so hopefully i’ll hear in the next week or so.
Good luck, let me know how you get on/if you hear anything 😊
Ahh okay, so hopefully i’ll hear in the next week or so.
Good luck, let me know how you get on/if you hear anything 😊

Thank you all the best to you too. Do let me know if you hear anything as well. 🤗
Thank you!

Hi. I applied last year and I was successful. First attempt. Your qualifications sound right to me, but you can double check with the admission team.
I’d say the personal statement is very important. Perhaps you can ask for feedback from a dental hygienist at your work place or a dentistry/hygienist student, or a young dentist you get along with.
Make sure when you describe your experience and why you think are a good fit for the course the reader can get hints your an empathic and compassionate professional adhering to GDC standards.
Best of luck and don’t get discouraged. Keep trying!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending