The Student Room Group

Midwifery Applicants 2024

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone applied to kings for midwifery?
Did anyone apply to lvl for midwifery
Original post by Eogunnoiki
Has anyone applied to kings for midwifery?
Hi @Eogunnoiki,
Yes, I did. The first offers are only starting to come in I believe.
Best of luck!
Hiya!! Has anyone here firmed University of York for midwifery?? I've found 1 other person out of the 40 in our cohort and I want to meet more people I might be studying with in September!!!
Best of luck to everyone if you are taking your A-Levels soon, I hope you get the grades you need to get into your desired university!! < 3
Original post by Mioumiou
Hi @Eogunnoiki,
Yes, I did. The first offers are only starting to come in I believe.
Best of luck!

Have interviews been done yet?
Have interviews been done yet?

I am assuming so, as I was told offers would be made once they have finished with interviews. Hope this helps!
Original post by Mioumiou
I am assuming so, as I was told offers would be made once they have finished with interviews. Hope this helps!

Oh ohk thank you. When did you do your interview?
Hello! Is there anyone who is starting midwifery this month at UWL? I was wondering if anyone knows or has any kind of timetable for the first few weeks at all?

Thanks
Hi just wondering if anyone has had an offer from Wolverhampton? I had an interview at WLV. I haven't had a response either way. So still don't know if I have or haven't been successful. Admissions keep telling me it's due to the cyber/security incident and to call weekly for updates. But still nothing, I've also had no emails back and I've sent a fair few, but again have been toldcthere is a backlog to get through. Has anyone else had this experience with WLV?
Thanks,
Char
Original post by Char_mumof4
Hi just wondering if anyone has had an offer from Wolverhampton? I had an interview at WLV. I haven't had a response either way. So still don't know if I have or haven't been successful. Admissions keep telling me it's due to the cyber/security incident and to call weekly for updates. But still nothing, I've also had no emails back and I've sent a fair few, but again have been toldcthere is a backlog to get through. Has anyone else had this experience with WLV?
Thanks,
Char

How long ago did you interview? There will be a further backlog due to the bank holiday weekend so you may just have to sit tight. All the best.
Original post by Hazelly
How long ago did you interview? There will be a further backlog due to the bank holiday weekend so you may just have to sit tight. All the best.

Thank you for your reply, I had my interview on 6th March during the time systems were down due to the cyber incident. I'm hoping I hear something soon...the suspense is killing me 😅
Thank you for your reply, I had my interview on 6th March during the time systems were down due to the cyber incident. I'm hoping I hear something soon...the suspense is killing me 😅

I bet, keep trying to wait patiently and hopefully you'll hear something in the coming week :smile:
Original post by Hazelly
I bet, keep trying to wait patiently and hopefully you'll hear something in the coming week :smile:

Do you know if kings is still giving out interviews and if they have given offers.
Do you know if kings is still giving out interviews and if they have given offers.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that. Are you awaiting an offer?
Original post by Hazelly
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that. Are you awaiting an offer?

I haven’t heard anything at all from them 🥲
Original post by Hazelly

Fingers crossed. Thank you
I haven’t heard anything at all from them 🥲

When did you apply? they may be sending out offers/interviews in bulk once they've reviewed all the PS.
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Fingers crossed. Thank you

No worries, let me know if you get any updates!
Original post by Hazelly
When did you apply? they may be sending out offers/interviews in bulk once they've reviewed all the PS.

In January. Is it not a bit too late to give out interviews.
In January. Is it not a bit too late to give out interviews.

When I applied for nursing, I didn't hear from the admissions team until end of April. Which felt insane but I think they were quite backlogged with applications. Have you heard from the other unis you've applied to? The uni guide shows that the cut off appears to be 16 of May. https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/ucas-application/ucas-deadlines-key-application-dates

Quick Reply