The Student Room Group

Midwifery Applicants 2024

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone! I had my interview to study Midwifery on Thursday and recieved my unconditional offer 10 hours later. So excited!
Reply 21
Original post by Dnaielleg96
Hi everyone! I had my interview to study Midwifery on Thursday and recieved my unconditional offer 10 hours later. So excited!

Wow that’s amazing! Congrats! Did they tell you why they gave you an unconditional offer instead of a conditional offer?x
Reply 22

Congratulations on getting a offer to do midwifery degree.
Hopefully you'll be looking forward to the next three years of very hard work 😀
Best wishes for your degree 🤞
Hi everyone I’m a mature student been about of education since 1999 🙈currently completing access to midwifery online. Have two interviews this month for midwifery at Wolverhampton and Stafford but panicking I might not get the required ucas points
Reply 24
Original post by beckie_lou_
Hi everyone I’m a mature student been about of education since 1999 🙈currently completing access to midwifery online. Have two interviews this month for midwifery at Wolverhampton and Stafford but panicking I might not get the required ucas points

Concentrate on getting through your access course as this should be enough for you plus make sure you research and study thoroughly for your upcoming interviews for midwifery.
Don't panic okay as all you can do is your very best on the day of your interview and then it is out of your control what happens next.

Remember that midwifery courses are very highly competitive and there's very limited places available for potential students at every university in the UK.

If and only if you are not successfully this year then don't give up as reapply for next year and sometimes it can take a few attempts to get a university offer but if you are able to perhaps think about apply for a MCA ( maternity care assistant) position at your local hospital, I would suggest you should perhaps take it and learn every you need to for midwifing ( you don't do any births but are involved) and then use this for applying for to become a midwife at university. This usually a 18 months course.

A registered midwife
Original post by Tracey_W
Concentrate on getting through your access course as this should be enough for you plus make sure you research and study thoroughly for your upcoming interviews for midwifery.
Don't panic okay as all you can do is your very best on the day of your interview and then it is out of your control what happens next.

Remember that midwifery courses are very highly competitive and there's very limited places available for potential students at every university in the UK.

If and only if you are not successfully this year then don't give up as reapply for next year and sometimes it can take a few attempts to get a university offer but if you are able to perhaps think about apply for a MCA ( maternity care assistant) position at your local hospital, I would suggest you should perhaps take it and learn every you need to for midwifing ( you don't do any births but are involved) and then use this for applying for to become a midwife at university. This usually a 18 months course.

A registered midwife

Thank you for your thorough response, that’s really good advice thank you so much x
Reply 26
Thank you for your thorough response, that’s really good advice thank you so much x

You are welcome Beckie 🥰🥰
Hopefully everything goes well for you 😊
Reply 27
Hi all!

32 years old, 2 children (aged 8 and 9 soon!), and I applied to study Midwifery at the University of Bolton. I'll be commuting from Manchester. Career changer - left Secondary school teaching.

I haven't had a response yet apart from the uni acknowledging my application yesterday - hopefully not too long now! I hate the waiting game.

Good luck to everyone applying, and those completing an Access Course!
Reply 28
Original post by Smiley91
Hi all!

32 years old, 2 children (aged 8 and 9 soon!), and I applied to study Midwifery at the University of Bolton. I'll be commuting from Manchester. Career changer - left Secondary school teaching.

I haven't had a response yet apart from the uni acknowledging my application yesterday - hopefully not too long now! I hate the waiting game.

Good luck to everyone applying, and those completing an Access Course!

That's great that you have a acknowledgement from university and hopefully you'll get a interview offer next. 😀
Reply 29
That's great that you have a acknowledgement from university and hopefully you'll get a interview offer next. 😀

I hope so too! Two weeks waiting for an acknowledgment 😭
Reply 30

I feel the same Beckie. I’m also completing the access course online and have interviews with Stafford and Worcester this month, Wolverhampton next month. Hope everything goes well for you 🤞🏻
Reply 31
I hope so too! Two weeks waiting for an acknowledgment 😭

Yes it is a waiting game for getting any acknowledgement but at least you got one now and just have to be patience until you hear from them again about interview.

Just make sure you are well prepared okay 🙏🥰
Reply 32
Original post by Sammi2023
I feel the same Beckie. I’m also completing the access course online and have interviews with Stafford and Worcester this month, Wolverhampton next month. Hope everything goes well for you 🤞🏻

Good luck with all your upcoming interviews and make sure you prepare for them very well and hopefully everything goes well for you 🙏💕
Reply 33
Yes it is a waiting game for getting any acknowledgement but at least you got one now and just have to be patience until you hear from them again about interview.

Just make sure you are well prepared okay 🙏🥰

Yes - thank you. I want to prepare for it and ‘when’ I get the interview to be ready rather than prepare when I get the interview date - if that makes sense lol .. be prepared before I even know when the interview is. I’m just a bit nervous about the numeracy assessment as the last time I did math was in high school but I’ve looked at some past papers and I think it’s equivalent to functional skills level 2. Many websites include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, conversion and measurement. The university told me despite the outcome of the assessment, everyone is called for interview.
Reply 34
Yes - thank you. I want to prepare for it and ‘when’ I get the interview to be ready rather than prepare when I get the interview date - if that makes sense lol .. be prepared before I even know when the interview is. I’m just a bit nervous about the numeracy assessment as the last time I did math was in high school but I’ve looked at some past papers and I think it’s equivalent to functional skills level 2. Many websites include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, conversion and measurement. The university told me despite the outcome of the assessment, everyone is called for interview.

First of all don't worry about maths assessment as it's basic mathematics skills ( addition, multiple, subtraction and dividing) to make sure you are capable of calculating drugs and IV drips.)

You should get a information sheet for what you are to research and study as most universities give this to potential students. You may not get this.

Usually they do interviews and if successful get a invitation to go along to do your numeracy and literacy tests and then you'll get a final decision.
Reply 35
First of all don't worry about maths assessment as it's basic mathematics skills ( addition, multiple, subtraction and dividing) to make sure you are capable of calculating drugs and IV drips.)

You should get a information sheet for what you are to research and study as most universities give this to potential students. You may not get this.

Usually they do interviews and if successful get a invitation to go along to do your numeracy and literacy tests and then you'll get a final decision.

Hi, as per our previous posts, I decided to DM you instead 😊 thank you
Reply 36
Hi, as per our previous posts, I decided to DM you instead 😊 thank you

That's fine 😊😊😊
Original post by Ruwayda.b
Hiya,
I’ve got two little ones and I’m looking to do an access course online, who are you doing you’re online access course with, if you don’t mind me asking x

Hey hun, I am currently doing my access course on medi prospects. I am really enjoying it and they are really helpful
Reply 38

What was it like?
Reply 39
Original post by Teeteesoph
Hey hun, I am currently doing my access course on medi prospects. I am really enjoying it and they are really helpful

Hope you are looking forward to the next three years of very hard work

Contact on getting a offer of place for to do midwife degree.xx

Quick Reply