The Student Room Group

Midwifery Applicants 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tracey_W

Good luck with your upcoming interview with Hull university for midwifery.
Make sure you have properly done your research and study about it okay.

NHS registered midwife

Thank you!
Yes I’ve been making sure I’ve got as much knowledge as I can on everything since I got the interview offer😆 Fingers crossed I’ve done enough 🤞🏻😅x
Original post by normaw
If you're applying to uni for a Midwifery course for 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of?
A level / BTEC / IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars

Please don't share details of interview questions on the forum - it gives those who follow you an unfair advantage.

@CamembertPaws FYI

Hii, I'm Hanifa and I'm 18 yrs old. I've applied to King's, uel, lsbu, greenwich and city. I have 2 interviews coming up and was able to get offers from kings, lsbu and greenwich. But I can't really decide where to go. I really wanted to go King's but I've compared stats to greenwich and its very different. Also I've heard about their organisation being quite poor but greenwich is too far so idk 🤷*♀️

I'm currently studying alevel bio, psych and geo :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by Nasiha0912
Hii, I'm Hanifa and I'm 18 yrs old. I've applied to King's, uel, lsbu, greenwich and city. I have 2 interviews coming up and was able to get offers from kings, lsbu and greenwich. But I can't really decide where to go. I really wanted to go King's but I've compared stats to greenwich and its very different. Also I've heard about their organisation being quite poor but greenwich is too far so idk 🤷*♀️

Hi Hanifa, when did you have your interview with Greenwich? I had mine today and felt it went badly 😭 the nerves got the better of me, I think, but fingers crossed that they saw through my nerves. There was so much more I wanted to say 🫣 congratulations on receiving an offer 😊 x
Reply 63
Original post by Jenniferhr
Thank you!
Yes I’ve been making sure I’ve got as much knowledge as I can on everything since I got the interview offer😆 Fingers crossed I’ve done enough 🤞🏻😅x

Hi
You are welcome 🤗🤗
Good to hear that you are doing as much preparation as possible for the interview.
Hopefully you will do enough to impress them and get a offer for to do the course 😀
Original post by spearcey4
Hi Hanifa, when did you have your interview with Greenwich? I had mine today and felt it went badly 😭 the nerves got the better of me, I think, but fingers crossed that they saw through my nerves. There was so much more I wanted to say 🫣 congratulations on receiving an offer 😊 x

Thank you!! I had my interview on the 16th of November and got an offer a week later. Honestly don't stress about your interview, I felt the exact same way and I remember thinking I didn't say what I wanted to say. I thought it was a definite fail but it wasn't, so there's hope. I'm sure you did great. They told me they'd get back to me in Jan but it was only a week later on Friday so wait 2 weeks :smile:
Reply 65

Hi Hanifa,
Congratulations on receiving multiple offers - that is very impressive! If you don't mind me asking, when did you have your interview with King's and how long did you wait for them to make an offer?
As for deciding on where to go, you might want to consider your commute to placements.

Congrats again!
Murielle (an aspiring student midwife)
Reply 66
Thank you!! I had my interview on the 16th of November and got an offer a week later. Honestly don't stress about your interview, I felt the exact same way and I remember thinking I didn't say what I wanted to say. I thought it was a definite fail but it wasn't, so there's hope. I'm sure you did great. They told me they'd get back to me in Jan but it was only a week later on Friday so wait 2 weeks :smile:

Thank you for your reply and for giving me hope that I didn't completely mess it up. It is good to know that you felt the same and still were successful. I'm really hoping I get accepted for Greenwich as it's my first choice 🤞🏼 hopefully, I will hear good news soon. Congratulations again! I am so excited for you 🤗
Reply 67
Hey all, just wondering what people have been preparing for interviews? Not sure specific please!

I've got my 6 C's and the code, my motivations and the role of the midwife down but I had an interview once where they asked me how I would promote dignity and respect in the role and it totally threw me 🤣 I'd really like to avoid that happening again!

What sort of "topics" should we read around outside the typical stuff?

Again, please don't offer anything you've had from a specific institution!
Original post by Jibbity
Hey all, just wondering what people have been preparing for interviews? Not sure specific please!

I've got my 6 C's and the code, my motivations and the role of the midwife down but I had an interview once where they asked me how I would promote dignity and respect in the role and it totally threw me 🤣 I'd really like to avoid that happening again!

What sort of "topics" should we read around outside the typical stuff?

Again, please don't offer anything you've had from a specific institution!

Hello!
I had my interview today!
Sounds like you’re doing the right things, I’d recommend also doing some reading on current issues in midwifery, read some reports on areas that genuinely interest you. Have a look at things like Better Births, MBRRACE, the Ockenden report.
Let your passion shine through!
Good luck 😌
Reply 69

Hello!
Sounds like you’re doing the right things, I’d recommend also doing some reading on current issues in midwifery, read some reports on areas that genuinely interest you. Have a look at things like Better Births, MBRRACE, the Ockenden report.
Good luck 😌

Hi! Thanks for replying! I've done that all already but I just really want to make sure I nail this 🤣 I'd hate not to get in after getting in in 2022! It was so much easier applying directly from college as everything was still fresh but now they'll ask me stuff and it'll be "I used to know how to answer that" 😭
Reply 70
Hello!
Good luck 😌

Hi, who did you have your interview with, please?
Original post by Jibbity

Hi! Thanks for replying! I've done that all already but I just really want to make sure I nail this 🤣 I'd hate not to get in after getting in in 2022! It was so much easier applying directly from college as everything was still fresh but now they'll ask me stuff and it'll be "I used to know how to answer that" 😭

I completely get that! I’ve been out of education for a while so totally understand that feeling.
I’d just have a Google of possible questions that might come up too and try and have a rough answer for as many as you can they won’t be exactly the same as the questions you’ll be asked but they could be similar! And obviously you can’t prepare for everything but it’s nice to have an idea to give you some confidence going into it!
It sounds like your passionate though and doing all the right things so try not to put too much pressure on yourself and let them see that passion!
Hello!
Good luck 😌

My interview was with Hull :smile:
Reply 73

I completely get that! I’ve been out of education for a while so totally understand that feeling.
I’d just have a Google of possible questions that might come up too and try and have a rough answer for as many as you can they won’t be exactly the same as the questions you’ll be asked but they could be similar! And obviously you can’t prepare for everything but it’s nice to have an idea to give you some confidence going into it!
It sounds like your passionate though and doing all the right things so try not to put too much pressure on yourself and let them see that passion!

Ugh I hate how stressed I'm getting. It's why I fluffed my Keele one. I got an offer for nursing from them which ultimately means I failed the interview. Heartbroken so now I'm getting in my head too much 🤣
Original post by Jibbity

Ugh I hate how stressed I'm getting. It's why I fluffed my Keele one. I got an offer for nursing from them which ultimately means I failed the interview. Heartbroken so now I'm getting in my head too much 🤣

Not at all! If you’d failed the interview you would have just been rejected. They must have seen something in you if they offered you a place in nursing, because there’s the option to do the midwifery top up course once you’re an adult nurse.
Honestly think I messed mine up today because I was so nervous so I completely understand, but nerves mean you care so l think they’d be concerned if you weren’t nervous!
Reply 75

Thank you for your reply 🙂 I had an interview with Greenwich (London) and felt like the nerves got the better of me 🤦🏻*♀️ I have two interviews tomorrow so I'm hoping they go a lot better, I suffer from terrible anxiety which doesn't help. Wishing you all the best with your interview(s)
Ah I feel exactly the same about my interview today. There was one that just really caught me out and my mind went completely blank. I was SO nervous I think it just got the best of me. Good luck for your interviews tomorrow!! Where are they for? I’m sure you’ll absolutely smash it 😊
Reply 77

Thank you for your reply 🙂 I had an interview with Greenwich (London) and felt like the nerves got the better of me 🤦🏻*♀️ I have two interviews tomorrow so I'm hoping they go a lot better, I suffer from terrible anxiety which doesn't help. Wishing you all the best with your interview(s)

Two in one day! Fair play!!! Good luck 🤞
Reply 78

Not at all! If you’d failed the interview you would have just been rejected. They must have seen something in you if they offered you a place in nursing, because there’s the option to do the midwifery top up course once you’re an adult nurse.
Honestly think I messed mine up today because I was so nervous so I completely understand, but nerves mean you care so l think they’d be concerned if you weren’t nervous!

Ugh I know Im just being hard on myself lol. Keele is one of the top 10 for midwifery in the country so I knew it would be a tough one to get but still! Thank you so much!
Reply 79
Ah I feel exactly the same about my interview today. There was one that just really caught me out and my mind went completely blank. I was SO nervous I think it just got the best of me. Good luck for your interviews tomorrow!! Where are they for? I’m sure you’ll absolutely smash it 😊

Ahh, bless you. It's so hard trying to keep the nerves under control. Hopefully, they will see past the nerves and see the nerves as a good thing, as it highlights how passionate we are about the profession. Fingers crossed for you 🤞🏼 best of luck. My other interviews are for UEL and LSBU (London-based) x

Quick Reply