The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

The Official Bangor Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

The Official Bangor University 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Bangor University for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Bangor.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Bangor do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Bangor specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Talkative Toad

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Bangor University for 2024!

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Bangor.

5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.

I’ve applied for history and already have a a level in classics but am doing history and politics this year. I applied at the beginning of last month and have offers back from all unis apart from Bangor 🙈 Bangor is definitely my top choice as it was gorgeous when I visited and the history course looks incredible and I feel I would fit right in. Everyone was so friendly and it was such a welcoming community.

Fingers crossed I hear from Bangor soon as I’m so excited for the possibility of studying here next year
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by tinkereleanor
I’ve applied for history and already have a a level in classics but am doing history and politics this year. I applied at the beginning of last month and have offers back from all unis apart from Bangor 🙈 Bangor is definitely my top choice as it was gorgeous when I visited and the history course looks incredible and I feel I would fit right in. Everyone was so friendly and it was such a welcoming community.

Fingers crossed I hear from Bangor soon as I’m so excited for the possibility of studying here next year

Update i got a conditional offer from Bangor 🥳 has anyone else applied for history at Bangor as im eager to meet some people who i may end up studying with
Reply 3
Original post by tinkereleanor
Update i got a conditional offer from Bangor 🥳 has anyone else applied for history at Bangor as im eager to meet some people who i may end up studying with

Congratulations on your offer! I sincerely hope that you will achieve the grades to study there!!

I’ve applied for medicine! It’s their first year doing it and I’ve received an interview so fingers crossed it goes really well! Where are you applying from?
Original post by P_M1
Congratulations on your offer! I sincerely hope that you will achieve the grades to study there!!

I’ve applied for medicine! It’s their first year doing it and I’ve received an interview so fingers crossed it goes really well! Where are you applying from?

Isle of man
I’ve got a conditional offer for Marine biology and oceanography 😊
Original post by Talkative Toad

I’ve applied for philosophy ethics and religion and modern languages joint honors!! i havent managed to find anyone else doing either of these subjects yet 😢
bangor is for sure my first choice :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by ShaunAtreus
I’ve got a conditional offer for Marine biology and oceanography 😊

I’ve got an offer for marine biology too! Are you thinking of going to an offer holder day
Has anyone else got a Medicine offer yet?
Yes. Got offer this week. Non widening. AAA.
Original post by strawberry192

I got an offer for medicine just yesterday!
Reply 11

Yeah i have!
Congrats!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 13
Congrats! Is there a offer holder chat?

sadly there isn’t one but we can try and all talk and try to make a gc??
Original post by mauufey

sadly there isn’t one but we can try and all talk and try to make a gc??

That sounds like a pretty good idea. Especially since we have so much choice for accommodation!
Reply 15
Original post by Jack Kessell
That sounds like a pretty good idea. Especially since we have so much choice for accommodation!

How should I make the group chat
Reply 16
Original post by Jack Kessell
Hmm, good question. You could try make another post here on student room

I’m not really sure it will even get engagements… I talked to another person here and she’s really nice!
Original post by mauufey
How should I make the group chat

Hmm, good question. You could try make another post here on student room.
If you want we could PM to talk more.
(edited 2 months ago)
If you want we could PM our numbers to you? So you could make a group chat.

That sounds like a good plan 👍

Quick Reply

Latest