The Student Room Group

Welcome to the Bangor University A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

For general information on Medicine at Bangor

For entry requirements click: https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/a100-medicine-bmbs#entryrequirements

For general course information: https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/a100-medicine-bmbs

UCAS link: https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/courses/72976cb3-1911-47f1-b4af-75d6e9d70314?backUrl=https:%2F%2Fwww.ucas.com%2Fexplore%2Frelated%2F7522cc92-d132-567e-e079-02b254dfad10

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Welcome to the thread. We’re the official Bangor University rep account and are here to answer any questions you might have about studying at Bangor.

From September 2024, Bangor University will be launching its first medicine programme where students will be able to complete their entire medical degree programme in North Wales.

Whilst our independent medical school is newly formed, we have a successful track record of training medical students. Since 2018 we have been successfully delivering the Cardiff University C21 North Wales Medicine programme for Year 3 students, from 2019 for Year 2 to 5 graduate entry students, and from 2020 with Cardiff Year 1 students transferring to Bangor to complete their programme in North Wales.

On 17 July 2023 at Cardiff University, the first cohort of medical students who studied in North Wales graduated. Based on this strong foundation, our newly established medical school will build on the success of the C21 North Wales programme in delivering first-class medical education.

As we’re a new medical school we know you may have more questions about studying at Bangor so please feel free to ask below or discuss amongst yourselves.

More information on entry requirements is available here https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/a100-medicine-bmbs#entryrequirements

Here’s a summary of some of the main entry requirements (but please do read the entry requirements in full):

We’re not currently accepting international students.

We do not accept qualification resits.

UCAS required prior to submission we do not have a minimum threshold but it will be used in the selection process.

A Levels - AAA required. This must include Biology and an additional science (list via link)

A contextual offer of AAB may be made to first language Welsh speakers or those who meet our contextual offer requirements (more information via link above)

GCSEs English/Welsh Language B/6, and Double Science at grades BB/66 (or grades B/6 in both Biology and Chemistry) and Maths grade B/6 and five other GCSEs at grade B/6

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello, does Bangor give extra consideration to Welsh students or those who speak Welsh pre or post interview like Cardiff does? I know we’d get a contextual offer, but does being Welsh improve chances of getting an interview/ offer? Thanks!
Thread moved to medical schools :biggrin:
I'll add Bangor to the list of 2024 entry medical schools index.
Reply 3
Original post by Hhhhhh558
Hello, does Bangor give extra consideration to Welsh students or those who speak Welsh pre or post interview like Cardiff does? I know we’d get a contextual offer, but does being Welsh improve chances of getting an interview/ offer? Thanks!

Replying to boost this as I would also be interested to know this :smile: i'm RUK (england) and wondering how much this will lower my chances of interview/offer
Original post by Hhhhhh558

Hi @Hhhhhh558

We will not be prioritising Welsh applicants over other UK students. However, any first language Welsh applicants who have a Welsh (First Language) GCSE will be offered a contextual offer, alongside UK wide applicants who are eligible for a contextual offer.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions,

Sera :smile:
Reply 5
Hi

Does anyone know when Bangor will send interview invites?

Many thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Mack1999
Hi

Does anyone know when Bangor will send interview invites?

Many thanks

From today and tomorrow I guess! Because I got an interview invite just a few moments ago!
Reply 7
Original post by VilasL06
From today and tomorrow I guess! Because I got an interview invite just a few moments ago!

Thank you. Well done and good luck.

That's excellent news. Congratulations!
Reply 9

My invite was for midnight and really late in the cycle, it seems like the wrong info, has anyone else had this problem?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by am8889997
My invite was for midnight and really late in the cycle, it seems like the wrong info, has anyone else had this problem?

Yh I’m so confused 😅, I’m pretty sure we will get a proper follow up email from Bangor, otherwise I was thinking of emailing them
Original post by maverick009
Yh I’m so confused 😅, I’m pretty sure we will get a proper follow up email from Bangor, otherwise I was thinking of emailing them

If invitation was for a midnight slot do email them or call and let them know.
Reply 12
Original post by maverick009

in the follow up email they send you a form to book your interview slot! they do say to accept the dummy date on ucas as well tho
Reply 13
Just got an interview offer, 15th december I have booked it! 15 days isn't long but its enough lol
Original post by ShamBlade
Just got an interview offer, 15th december I have booked it! 15 days isn't long but its enough lol

Congratulations ! Good luck.
Reply 15
Original post by am8889997

I got an invite at 10 at night, don't worry bout the interview date and time on UCAS, it's just a dummy date set by default. Bangor sent another email later aboutibg booking the interview date and time
Reply 16
Original post by ShamBlade

Hi, I haven't opened the link yet to register, but what times are they doing interviews? In December or in January?
Reply 17
Hi, I haven't opened the link yet to register, but what times are they doing interviews? In December or in January?

All seems to be in December
How are people preparing for the numeracy test with there being little info and its non calc?
Reply 19
Original post by amelieeee332
How are people preparing for the numeracy test with there being little info and its non calc?

numeracy test??? I haven't heard anything an this pls inform me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending