The Student Room Group

(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by reversehermit
has anyone ever done an educational psychologist assessment? what does it consist of?

As a professional yes. It depends on your age, but generally an interview, review of academic abilities (so some school reports and normally either an attainment and/or intellectual test).

Any other queries let me know,

Greg
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by reversehermit
i see. i had an appointment with cahms recently after i got referred for asd and after listening to my struggles in academics, they said that i should do a child educational psychologist assessment and contact the school about it (cahms will contact them too, but they said that the letter will take a while to send). they said that i should get my parents to follow up to the school. but i'm not sure how to address the matter?? idk

Educational psychology assessments are generally organised by the school principal, and they have a limited availability for each school so there can be a wait. They generally prioritise these around key junctures, like leaving school etc. The best way to chase it is just get your parents to call and discuss with the principal.

Take care,

Greg

Quick Reply

Latest