The Student Room Group

AQA A level Physics Revision Guide and Workbook Rec

which a level physics revision guide and workbook do you recommend for the AQA spec ?
Reply 1
I don't know if your school uses this already but I loved using the CGP textbook (not revision guide, actual textbook) for revision, the notes in the margins and the way everything is explained really helped me. Because I found physics difficult I thought some revision guides oversimplified the concepts and if I didn't understand them properly I couldn't answer questions on them so this textbook was a lifesaver. It does have questions on each topic as well and larger end of chapter questions. This is 100% personal preference though, maybe go to WHSmith so you can have a read before you purchase?

I also liked the Oxford Revise revision guide but quickly found a lot of the information in there was literally wrong so wouldn't recommend that one unless you're confident enough that you can recognise the wrong bits!
Reply 2
Thank you soo much yeah I'll have a look when I go to the bookstore next time to have a proper look but I'll look out for the CGP textbook cause I feel like people usually recommend the revision guide and I found that for GCSE CGP revision guides were completely useless for me anyways so perhaps this textbook would be better :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest