The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Official Uni of Bath Applicants 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by smc17

What is the waiting time like for chemical engineering. Is it a popular course?

It'll always vary year-on-year, so I don't want to give a certain time.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 21
Original post by smc17
What is the waiting time like for chemical engineering. Is it a popular course?

There is no set 'waiting time' for any course.

You could get an offer or rejection at any point between now and next April.
Original post by McGinger
There is no set 'waiting time' for any course.

You could get an offer or rejection at any point between now and next April.

The fact that you say "between now..." suggests that Bath don't have any courses where they operate a "gathered field", waiting until the equal consideration deadline before making any offers. Have I understood that correctly?
Reply 23
Original post by DataVenia
The fact that you say "between now..." suggests that Bath don't have any courses where they operate a "gathered field", waiting until the equal consideration deadline before making any offers. Have I understood that correctly?

No intentionally 'gathered fields' - but any course may still only make the bulk of their offers after January.

Stop trying to second guess this - it snt a 'science' and you'll drive yourself nuts.
No intentionally 'gathered fields' - but any course may still only make the bulk of their offers after January.

Understood. Thanks.
How competitive is undergraduate masters biomed with placement year at Bath? Also when do they usually give offers out?
Reply 26
Original post by Anonymous
How competitive is undergraduate masters biomed with placement year at Bath? Also when do they usually give offers out?

Not massively competitive - and most offers are made December/January/February.
Not massively competitive - and most offers are made December/January/February.

I’ve put it as my fifth option for medicine. Have three A stars predicted and an epq. But have a medicine personal statement? Do you think it’s a safe option?
Reply 28
I’ve put it as my fifth option for medicine. Have three A stars predicted and an epq. But have a medicine personal statement? Do you think it’s a safe option?

They will ask you for a 2nd PS if needed.
Bath have a sensible attitude to 5th-choice applications and wont put you at the bottom of the pile.
They will ask you for a 2nd PS if needed.
Bath have a sensible attitude to 5th-choice applications and wont put you at the bottom of the pile.

So does Nottingham! :smile:
EDIT: realised this was the Bath application forum not the pharmacy thread sorry!
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Talkative Toad
The Official University of Bath 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Bath for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Bath.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Bath do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Bath specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Does anyone know when the application tracker spreadsheet for 2024 applications will be created? Xx
Anyone know if Bath offers quickly if you already have grades in hand well above course requirements? A*A*A* for an AAB for example?
Original post by Student20045
Does anyone know when the application tracker spreadsheet for 2024 applications will be created? Xx

I don't know tbh
I received an email on Saturday, with login details to the Application Tracker, but it disappeared and I cannot find it anywhere in my emails. I then received an email this afternoon with confirmation of my application to Bath, which again has disappeared. I am almost certain that I have not deleted these emails, and I have emailed Bath admissions after each incident, but no response yet. Has anyone else had a similar issue or does anyone have any advice?
Reply 34
Original post by Anonymous #2
I received an email on Saturday, with login details to the Application Tracker, but it disappeared and I cannot find it anywhere in my emails. I then received an email this afternoon with confirmation of my application to Bath, which again has disappeared. I am almost certain that I have not deleted these emails, and I have emailed Bath admissions after each incident, but no response yet. Has anyone else had a similar issue or does anyone have any advice?

What email service do you use?
Original post by mesub
What email service do you use?

Gmail
Reply 36
Original post by Anonymous #2

Gmail

Hmmm. The email wouldn't just "disappear". Have you checked the "all mail" section in Gmail?
Reply 37

Check you junk-mail.
And your email settings to make sure you have no auto-delete set.
Reply 38
Anyone know if Bath offers quickly if you already have grades in hand well above course requirements? A*A*A* for an AAB for example?

It wont make any significant difference.
Applications will be processed in date order and ranked where necessary.
Hello everyone!

Really pleased to hear you are all interested in studying here at bath, please continue to post your questions on here. However, anybody with admissions queries should get in touch with them directly: [email protected] - 01225 383019. They will be more than happy to advise if you have individual questions or want to know about particular courses.

Hope this helps :smile:

Holly
University of Bath

Quick Reply

Latest