The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Official Uni of Bath Applicants 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard back for Integrated Mechanical and Electrical Engineering with masters and professional placement (Q143)? I haven't seen anyone mention this course and am kind of concerned cause I feel like I've applied to a non existent course
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Just got a conditional offer for politics with economics with placement year !!
Original post by Anonymous #73
applied for psychology (still waiting to hear) with predicted 3A*s, one of the subjects being pe which isnt on their 'preffered' list. other two subjects are on the list. do you think thats enough reason to be rejected? gcse results are 9s so hopefully that wouldnt hinder it.
Did you ask admissions about PE - some unis like Oxbridge are ok with it as a 4th not 3rd. Bath want either numerical or essay based subjects for psychology - not sure how Bath interprets PE. Not much you can do but wait. Good luck 🤞
still not heard back about pure econ - predicted A*A*A
Original post by Anonymous #20
Did you ask admissions about PE - some unis like Oxbridge are ok with it as a 4th not 3rd. Bath want either numerical or essay based subjects for psychology - not sure how Bath interprets PE. Not much you can do but wait. Good luck 🤞
Thanks for your reply. All they had to say was they do admissions holistically. when i went to the open day aswell i asked and they said they dont recognise it as a desirable subject, then they asked are your gcses grades ok, i said i have all 9s except 1 8 at gcse and they said that might make up for it as admissions are done holistically. I'm just hoping for the best really, just would hate for it to come down to the subject i took.
Original post by Anonymous #73
Thanks for your reply. All they had to say was they do admissions holistically. when i went to the open day aswell i asked and they said they dont recognise it as a desirable subject, then they asked are your gcses grades ok, i said i have all 9s except 1 8 at gcse and they said that might make up for it as admissions are done holistically. I'm just hoping for the best really, just would hate for it to come down to the subject i took.
Well you’re still on a list so you never know. Do you have good offers elsewhere just I case? Honestly once you get settled into wherever you go you’ll love it and won’t ever think about the Uni that did or didn’t make the list 😎
Well you’re still on a list so you never know. Do you have good offers elsewhere just I case? Honestly once you get settled into wherever you go you’ll love it and won’t ever think about the Uni that did or didn’t make the list 😎

I've had offers for my other 4 unis and will end up deciding between 2 of them if i dont get into bath. But yeah I think I'll be happy wherever I go! Thanks so much for your advice! 😀
Reply 567
Original post by Rollmonster
Has anyone heard back for Integrated Mechanical and Electrical Engineering with masters and professional placement (Q143)? I haven't seen anyone mention this course and am kind of concerned cause I feel like I've applied to a non existent course

It does but they tend to offer beginning of April for this course.
Received an offer for Accounting and Management with a placement year at Bath 😁 (Projected A*A*A | Offer AAB)*
Looking forward to meeting those who attend the offer holder day.
Reply 569
I got biochemistry offer with AAA and A in Epq predictions. Bio Chem and Maths. What subjects did you take?

Biology, Chemistry & History (A*, A, A predicted). All 9s & 8s at GCSE.
Reply 570
Anyone got an offer for sport coaching and management yet?
Original post by xyz!
It does but they tend to offer beginning of April for this course.

Thank you so much for letting me know. I feel okay knowing this now
Original post by anonymoussbbq
still not heard back about pure econ - predicted A*A*A

I got rejected yesterday with 2A* 1A and an A in EPQ 😫
Received an offer for Economics with International Development 😁 What a long wait but so happy!
Original post by Neil Neil
Sorry to hear that. No doubt with those fab predicteds you have other unis banging in your door.
Sorry to hear that. No doubt with those fab predicteds you have other unis banging in your door.

Was really disappointed as my brother does econ at Bath so I know how good it is. Will probably firm Exeter now (have Bristol, Notts and Southampton offers). Good luck with your offers everyone.
Original post by Anonymous #51
Was really disappointed as my brother does econ at Bath so I know how good it is. Will probably firm Exeter now (have Bristol, Notts and Southampton offers). Good luck with your offers everyone.

Exeter is fantastic for Economics
Reply 577
Original post by Neil Neil

Achieved or predicted?
Original post by Jopen
Achieved or predicted?

Predicted
Reply 579
Original post by Anonymous #51
Predicted

A friend got rejected with predicted A*AA for economics 2 years ago. He got A*x 3. Reapplied last year and got in.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest