Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Official Uni of Bath Applicants 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Talkative Toad
The Official University of Bath 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Bath for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Bath.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Bath do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Bath specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Pls can you make an offer tracker spreadsheet Google form and response link to put in this post?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Student20045
Pls can you make an offer tracker spreadsheet Google form and response link to put in this post?

I’ve added links in the OP for now.
applied for CS
predicted A*A*AA (math physics f math chem)
Reply 43
Hey guys, nice to meet you. I loved Bath when I went on 2 residentials there; the city is fabulous and the uni facilities are splendid too. I have a guaranteed contextual offer with them from the WP residentials (2024 only) and I'm applying for Maths.
I like to apply for Psychology. Typical offer is A*AA.
my predicted grade: A*A*AA (math, psychology, chem, bio)
How likely would I receive offer?
Will Bath send out Alternative offer AAA as I have Math as 4th subject?

Thank you for your advice!
Reply 45
Original post by Anonymous
I like to apply for Psychology. Typical offer is A*AA.
my predicted grade: A*A*AA (math, psychology, chem, bio)
How likely would I receive offer?
Will Bath send out Alternative offer AAA as I have Math as 4th subject?

Thank you for your advice!

As per their entry requirements, if you do get an offer then yes - you will receive an alternative offer as well.

I wouldn't be able to comment on how likely you are to receive an offer because there are other parts of your application that Bath will also consider.
I applied for psychology at Bath around September. I received 2/5 offers already from unis, but wondering what the time scale looks like for Bath and whether it is likely to be later for psychology?
Reply 47
I applied for psychology at Bath around September. I received 2/5 offers already from unis, but wondering what the time scale looks like for Bath and whether it is likely to be later for psychology?

There is no 'timetable' for offers from any University - and the timing of offers has no significance.
It doesnt mean that those two Unis want you anymore than Bath.

Hello Anon,

Amazing to hear you have applied for Bath's Psychology course :smile: - just thought I'd jump here as I graduated from this course a couple of years ago so might be able to help? No guarantees it will be the same as back when I applied in 2017, however I remember receiving my offer from Bath after all of my other choices' offers had come through, and lots of my sixth form group were also receiving their offers before I got my conditional from Bath.

Original post by McGinger
There is no 'timetable' for offers from any University - and the timing of offers has no significance.
It doesnt mean that those two Unis want you anymore than Bath.

- Very true @McGinger, the timing of when an offer comes is no indication of 'how much the uni want you' - I know it can feel a little stressful, but just sit tight on this one and try not to overthink it :smile: - wishing you the very best of luck!

Holly
University of Bath
Original post by killuak
Hey guys, nice to meet you. I loved Bath when I went on 2 residentials there; the city is fabulous and the uni facilities are splendid too. I have a guaranteed contextual offer with them from the WP residentials (2024 only) and I'm applying for Maths.

Hiya @killuak!

We're so pleased you enjoyed your residentials (I must admit going on a residential was what 'swayed' me towards Bath when I was applying too!) - huge congrats on that guaranteed contextual offer. Wishing you the very best of luck when applying for your Maths course :smile:

You will have hopefully had some really good chats and interactions with our student ambassadors whilst on your visits - but please remember if you have anything else you want to ask or chat about then please post on here, or check out Unibuddy where you can instant-message ambassadors your questions.

Best of luck in your next steps :smile:

Holly
University of Bath
(edited 5 months ago)
Anyone applied for International Business Or Business Management with a Modern Language at Bath and is Bath your 1st choice? Where else have you applied ? 5th choice still undecided for my young adult

Congrats of receiving 2/5 offers !!
Do you mind sharing what grades are you applying? Thank you

I checked last years thread and looked like first offers from Bath were sent out end of November but also many were waiting much longer.
They will ask you for a 2nd PS if needed.
Bath have a sensible attitude to 5th-choice applications and wont put you at the bottom of the pile.

Hi, I've applied to Bath Pharmacy as my fifth choice to Medicine. I also fall under their contextual for young carer so would receive an ABB offer if successful. I was wondering if ,as a contextual student, I would be given an advantage at interview and also if my interview would be a bit different to those that have pharmacy as their first choice? Thanks
(edited 5 months ago)
Hi, I've already received offers from all of the unis I applied to other than Oxford and Bath, so I was wondering if anyone has received an offer from Bath yet for maths?
I uploaded a doc on Application Tracker but I am not able to check if the doc was uploaded ( I can't see it in the 'uploaded docs' section) ... Anybody else with the same problem?
Original post by Talkative Toad
The Official University of Bath 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Bath for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Bath.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Bath do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Bath specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

The Student Room has a built in tracker that you can fill in and use:
Click here to fill in the spreadsheet/form
Click here to see updates for subjects that people have applied to at the University of Bath
University Connect on the Student Room

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Hi there,

I uploaded a doc on Application Tracker but I'm not able to check if it was uploaded (I can't see it in the 'uploaded docs' section). Anybody else with the same problem?
Reply 57
Hi there,

I uploaded a doc on Application Tracker but I'm not able to check if it was uploaded (I can't see it in the 'uploaded docs' section). Anybody else with the same problem?

You need to click on 'Upload' not 'Next' - but it seems that you can't always see all the docs you upload.
You can always call the Uni to check.
You need to click on 'Upload' not 'Next' - but it seems that you can't always see all the docs you upload.
You can always call the Uni to check.

Yes, I clicked on 'upload' and then 'finish' , but I can't see it. I think I'll write to the Uni, thx
I haven't submitted any documents for Bath... but I haven't been contacted about it, so I'm assuming that's fine?

Quick Reply

Latest