The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Official Uni of Bath Applicants 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I haven't submitted any documents for Bath... but I haven't been contacted about it, so I'm assuming that's fine?

They only ask to check certain things like citizenship
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
And what sort of documents are people being asked to submit?
And what sort of documents are people being asked to submit?

Passport or like a gcse english certificate
I haven't submitted any documents for Bath... but I haven't been contacted about it, so I'm assuming that's fine?

I'm an international student so they asked me to send some language exams.
Hi there,

I uploaded a doc on Application Tracker but I'm not able to check if it was uploaded (I can't see it in the 'uploaded docs' section). Anybody else with the same problem?

I'm not sure how the application works, sorry.
Hi, I'm Erin and I'm hoping to apply for international politics and French. I currently do history, politics and French A level.
can someone make a google forms spreadsheet with offers for 2024 pls?
also does anyone have links to the past year ones?
can someone make a google forms spreadsheet with offers for 2024 pls?
also does anyone have links to the past year ones?

@04MR17
Will do this in the next hour please poke me if I don't
A tracking form has been created so that you can see when offers/interviews are being given out.

Link to this year's form: https://forms.gle/GeutuuHr7DZm4kss6
Please be aware you will need your TSR user ID to complete the form. If you don't know how to find this, click here.

2024 form responses:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zkFkfZ_-15UVpggt4TlaaoY2CdaDvI3QTsiJ1G-ABCU/edit?usp=sharing

Note: All data you share is at your own risk, the forms and resources linked here are not controlled by The Student Room Group Ltd. If you have any issues, please tag a member of the Universities Volunteer team (in purple and cyan at the bottom of this page). For more information please click here.

FYI @Talkative Toad that I have added this to the OP :smile:
I'm an international student and I haven't been asked to submit anything... should I be worried?
Reply 71
Original post by Farkimra88
I'm an international student and I haven't been asked to submit anything... should I be worried?

If they want anything, they'll ask you for it - keep checking your junk mail.
Original post by 04MR17
A tracking form has been created so that you can see when offers/interviews are being given out.

Please be aware you will need your TSR user ID to complete the form. If you don't know how to find this, click here.

2024 form responses:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zkFkfZ_-15UVpggt4TlaaoY2CdaDvI3QTsiJ1G-ABCU/edit?usp=sharing

Note: All data you share is at your own risk, the forms and resources linked here are not controlled by The Student Room Group Ltd. If you have any issues, please tag a member of the Universities Volunteer team (in purple and cyan at the bottom of this page). For more information please click here.

Thanks
Hi I achieved 3a* in my a-levels in bio chem and maths. If I wanted to apply for computer science would I be at a significant disadvantage to those with further maths or computer science a level as I only have maths
Reply 74
Hi I achieved 3a* in my a-levels in bio chem and maths. If I wanted to apply for computer science would I be at a significant disadvantage to those with further maths or computer science a level as I only have maths

The course page states "We prefer applicants who can demonstrate evidence of logical and analytical thinking through the study of Computer Science, or Further Mathematics, or both. While we prefer applicants who have previously studied Computer Science, you do not need to have done so to be suitable for this course." So they are not saying No, just what they 'prefer' - but Bath CS is definitely worth a 'risky' choice as you may still get an offer.
Original post by 04MR17

2024 form responses:

Great form!!

Really nice to see who is applying for what, even before offers are made. All the Uni pages should have one of these! It's too crazy with all the comments about all sorts of things to know otherwise!

Does it overwrite your row if you get an offer and you fill in the form again.
Great form!!

Really nice to see who is applying for what, even before offers are made. All the Uni pages should have one of these! It's too crazy with all the comments about all sorts of things to know otherwise!

Does it overwrite your row if you get an offer and you fill in the form again.

We do them where there is the demand. It's a lot of work to create and maintain.

No
Reply 77
Original post by Talkative Toad
The Official University of Bath 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Bath for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Bath.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Bath do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Bath specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

The Student Room has a built in tracker that you can fill in and use:
Click here to fill in the spreadsheet/form
Click here to see updates for subjects that people have applied to at the University of Bath
University Connect on the Student Room

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

2024 form responses:

Hi feel free to ask me ^U^
1) A-levels: Maths, Psychology, Economics, EPQ
2) Course: Mathematics, statistics and data science for 4 years with professional placement, because I want to study applicable skills related to data science. It also has optional placement which is useful.
3) Grades: A-levels predicted - Maths A* Economics A Psychology A EPQ A*
IGCSE/GCSEs: 998A*7666 (in order: Maths, Further Maths, Japanese, Chinese first language, Psychology, Physics, Geography, ESOL)
4) Why Bath specifically: 1) well known in the UK 2) I like the European vibe (?) in the city 3) the university looks great
5) No admissions tests needed (currently)
6) I cannot attend open days in Bath because it is quite far away from where I currently live, but I can watch videos from the students there
7) How am I feeling about starting university: It would be a brand new experience for me in terms of city vibe, friendship group and studying there. I would catch every opportunity that is going to be useful to me there.
8) Other unis interested in: QMUL, Leeds, Sheffield and UCL
9) Others: I am from China and have lived in the UK for 3 years.
I want to apply for maths at Bath and am wondering whether I should apply with two A*s and two As. I'm worried that that'll be the offer I get, rather than the entry requirements, but also I want to stand out against other applicants? Any advice would be appreciated! 🙂
Reply 79
Original post by Anonymous #13
I want to apply for maths at Bath and am wondering whether I should apply with two A*s and two As. I'm worried that that'll be the offer I get, rather than the entry requirements, but also I want to stand out against other applicants? Any advice would be appreciated! 🙂

The Standard offer is A*AA in three A levels including A*A in Mathematics and Further Mathematics.
The Contextual offer is A*AB including A*A in Mathematics and Further Mathematics plus B in a third A level.
Bath doesnt make higher grade offers just because you are predicted higher grades.

Quick Reply

Latest