The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Official Uni of Bath Applicants 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Anonymous #13
I want to apply for maths at Bath and am wondering whether I should apply with two A*s and two As. I'm worried that that'll be the offer I get, rather than the entry requirements, but also I want to stand out against other applicants? Any advice would be appreciated! 🙂

I think as long as your Maths is predicted A* and Further Maths probably A/A star (based on the entry requirements) it would be fine. Because I have seen mathematics and statistics in Bath's offer rate is not low
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 81
Original post by Anonymous #8
I'm an international student so they asked me to send some language exams.

I am an international student as well. Before my UCAS application, I had already mentioned my IELTS grade. So I just upload a copy on the applicant portal right?
Has anyone received an offer from bath yet?
Anyone applying for psychology? :smile:
Original post by Jasminappleton

Which subject are you applying for? My son has applied for an engineering course this year and not had anything yet. My other son is now studying Physics at Bath, he applied last year and had been given his offer on the 9th November in 2022. Hopefully we will hear soon.
Im applying for psychology. So far I don’t think anyone has heard anything from them but hopefully we will soon :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by Jasminappleton

No, but Bath always starts later so it's not a massive issue. No need to worry.
Reply 87
I know Bath offer late, but does anyone have a rough idea of when they have started going out in the last year or two?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 88
Original post by zcapp
I know Bath offer late, but does anyone have a rough idea of when they have started going out in the last year or two?

Anytime from Late November up until around their April target.
Has anyone applied for chemical engineering? I am so nervous right now Bath is one of my top options I want to go there so badly. I love that it's southern without the London vibe if that makes sense? The course itself at Bath is also quite amazing I would kill for an offer
Original post by Anonymous #15
Has anyone applied for chemical engineering? I am so nervous right now Bath is one of my top options I want to go there so badly. I love that it's southern without the London vibe if that makes sense? The course itself at Bath is also quite amazing I would kill for an offer

Me too! What other unis have u applied to (for chem eng I assume)?
Original post by Anonymous #16
Me too! What other unis have u applied to (for chem eng I assume)?

I applied for Cambridge (such a long shot), Loughborough, UCL (biochemical), and Lancaster (got an offer for Lancaster super happy). What about you??

Yes I have! Not many I’ve heard about applying to chem eng
I applied for Cambridge (such a long shot), Loughborough, UCL (biochemical), and Lancaster (got an offer for Lancaster super happy). What about you??

Also cambridge (received interview offer the other day 😬😬), birmingham, Southampton and Nottingham (all for chem eng). Heard back from all but bath so feeling super impatient abt it lol.

I applied for Chem eng at bath and UCL
General engineering at kings and Exeter and chemistry with management also at bath as a backup
Reply 95
Original post by Talkative Toad
The Official University of Bath 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Bath for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Bath.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Bath do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Bath specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

The Student Room has a built in tracker that you can fill in and use:
Click here to fill in the spreadsheet/form
Click here to see updates for subjects that people have applied to at the University of Bath
University Connect on the Student Room

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

A tracking form has been created so that you can see when offers/interviews are being given out.

Link to this year's form: https://forms.gle/GeutuuHr7DZm4kss6
Please be aware you will need your TSR user ID to complete the form. If you don't know how to find this, click here.

2024 form responses:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zkFkfZ_-15UVpggt4TlaaoY2CdaDvI3QTsiJ1G-ABCU/edit?usp=sharing

Note: All data you share is at your own risk, the forms and resources linked here are not controlled by The Student Room Group Ltd. If you have any issues, please tag a member of the Universities Volunteer team (in purple and cyan at the bottom of this page). For more information please click here.

1) Computer science, maths, further maths, physics A-levels
2) Computer science, the course seems to have a good theoretical Vs practical mix and everyone I have talked to has given glowing reviews of the course/uni
3) Predicted A*A*A*A* for A levels (99999999988 GCSEs (8s in French and Eng Lang)
4) I instantly fell in love with the uni and the city as soon as I got off the train for the open day. It's small enough to be calm with Bristol nearby and the campus is beautiful
5) I sat TMUA for Cambridge (none for bath)
6) Already attended open days earlier this year, loved it
7) Excited but a bit anxious about starting uni, it's a big change from 7 years of seeing the same places and faces
8.) I applied to Cambridge (rejected before interview), Southampton, Bristol and York. The last 3 I have offers for already.
Reply 96
Just got an offer from Bath for Chemistry Bsc! Applied 30th oct A*BB, offer conditions are ABB
Original post by ventivivi
Just got an offer from Bath for Chemistry Bsc! Applied 30th oct A*BB, offer conditions are ABB

Do you mind me asking if that’s a contextual offer?
What does it mean when bath application tracker says they’ll update me shortly
Does anyone else have a criminal record declaration thing underneath on the tracker as well?
Reply 99
Original post by Anonymous #9
What does it mean when bath application tracker says they’ll update me shortly
Does anyone else have a criminal record declaration thing underneath on the tracker as well?

Looks like you're nearing an offer!

Quick Reply

Latest