The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Official University of St Andrews Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #7
congrats! what were ur predicted?

I do not take A-Levels, IB, or APs, as I follow the curriculum of my country, but if it were translated into the normal A-Level equivalent of three A-Levels, it would probably be 3A*. I take Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Mathematics, and Biology & Chemistry, alongside other subjects, but all sciences (except for Physics which was an A) were A*.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by 121254Gnrdocarmo
Has anyone heard back for history?

This is what I’m waiting for! I’ve applied for history and international relations, do you know what the likelihood of acceptance is? Let me know when you hear back !
Original post by Cocoprince14
This is what I’m waiting for! I’ve applied for history and international relations, do you know what the likelihood of acceptance is? Let me know when you hear back !

Are you home or international? As I'm an international student, I should probably hear out before, but I haven't received anything yet. I got two offers earlier this month, but nothing from St.Andrews. I'm starting to get a bit worried :frown:

Are you home or international? As I'm an international student, I should probably hear out before, but I haven't received anything yet. I got two offers earlier this month, but nothing from St.Andrews. I'm starting to get a bit worried :frown:

I’m from England so home, I wouldn’t worry too much we aren’t expected to get our responses until March/April
I’m from England so home, I wouldn’t worry too much we aren’t expected to get our responses until March/April

Does that also apply to international students? I thought internationals usually receive offers before home students. You're fine, though, as they only send out offers for most home students after January. Good luck :smile:

Does that also apply to international students? I thought internationals usually receive offers before home students. You're fine, though, as they only send out offers for most home students after January. Good luck :smile:

I’ve heard that you should get them earlier yes, where are you from? I’m so excited for uni I can’t wait haha
I’ve heard that you should get them earlier yes, where are you from? I’m so excited for uni I can’t wait haha

I'm Portuguese. However, if given, my offer will have to be conditional because I still have to send my final high school diploma (corresponds to a-levels) and CAE results to meet the English language and proficiency requirements (so far, offers have been unconditional).
Yep, I'm quite excited too. What are your other options? Have you received any offers?
Original post by 2024student
Has anyone received a decision yet? Or does anyone know when we might? I'm an international applicant.

I received an offer yesterday night. All the best! Hope you get yours

I'm Portuguese. However, if given, my offer will have to be conditional because I still have to send my final high school diploma (corresponds to a-levels) and CAE results to meet the English language and proficiency requirements (so far, offers have been unconditional).
Yep, I'm quite excited too. What are your other options? Have you received any offers?

I’ve received an offer from Glasgow so far! The waiting game is awful…
I’ve received an offer from Glasgow so far! The waiting game is awful…

I've received two offers so far- Durham and Edinburgh.
Do you know what different subjects you'll have in international relations? I also really like international relations, but I ended up not applying for the joint honours course. I think I just prefer history :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #10
I received an offer yesterday night. All the best! Hope you get yours

Congrats :smile:

I am from England and got my conditional offer 2 weeks ago for history.

I've received two offers so far- Durham and Edinburgh.
Do you know what different subjects you'll have in international relations? I also really like international relations, but I ended up not applying for the joint honours course. I think I just prefer history :smile:

I’m waiting on Edinburgh and St Andrews too, I’ve not heard from Manchester yet either but I live here so I’m hoping to move away haha
Original post by Anonymous #5

I am from England and got my conditional offer 2 weeks ago for history.

Oh that’s weird, maybe it’s just a random process ? When did you apply ?
I’m waiting on Edinburgh and St Andrews too, I’ve not heard from Manchester yet either but I live here so I’m hoping to move away haha

hahaha Moving away for college seems to be a tradition in the UK. I feel the same, life changes. It's a bit scary tho, but I think everything will turn out alright :smile:
I'm still waiting on Oxford and UCL
Has anybody had an offer for cs?

hahaha Moving away for college seems to be a tradition in the UK. I feel the same, life changes. It's a bit scary tho, but I think everything will turn out alright :smile:
I'm still waiting on Oxford and UCL

I got rejected from Oxford yesterday and so did all my friends 😂 super hard to get into!
I got rejected from Oxford yesterday and so did all my friends 😂 super hard to get into!

I’m not too confident… the HAT went really badly. Why do you think you got rejected?

I’m not too confident… the HAT went really badly. Why do you think you got rejected?

My GCSEs mainly, they were all As and A*s but I know private school people will have got a lot higher
My GCSEs mainly, they were all As and A*s but I know private school people will have got a lot higher

Which college did you apply to?
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending