Official University of St Andrews Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 121254Gnrdocarmo

Which college did you apply to?

Magdalen for history and politics
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 81
Just put in my form this week... I'm a home student. Fingers crossed, I really really want to get in!
Reply 82
I got an offer today! It's for classics, and I'm an international applicant
Reply 83
does anyone want to get an instagram gc started???
Has someone received a response from Economics?? (International)
Reply 85
I am home student and applied finance and international relations beginning of Oct but haven’t heard anything back
Original post by firackish

Congrats :smile:
Original post by Cocoprince14
Magdalen for history and politics

Just got an offer for history at St.Andrews on St.Andrew's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SUUUUPPPPERRRR HAAAPPPYYYYY!!!!!! The coincidence is great too :smile:
Good luck to everyone!
Reply 89
Just got an offer for history at St.Andrews on St.Andrew's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SUUUUPPPPERRRR HAAAPPPYYYYY!!!!!! The coincidence is great too :smile:

Congrats!!!
Congrats!!!

Reply 91

Well done. How long did it take to get a response? I’ve had 3 offers so far from York, Warwick and Birmingham within a week but St Andrews is the one I’m really waiting for.
Reply 92
Original post by Leedazzer
Well done. How long did it take to get a response? I’ve had 3 offers so far from York, Warwick and Birmingham within a week but St Andrews is the one I’m really waiting for.

Would you mind if I ask what your predicted grades and GCSE? I haven’t received any offer yet applied beginning October
Reply 93
Original post by Harryip
Would you mind if I ask what your predicted grades and GCSE? I haven’t received any offer yet applied beginning October

I’m actually asking on behalf of my son. He is predicted AAB. A in History and Ancient History and B in Media. He’s struggled with his mental health and didn’t do well in his GCSEs but he’s worked hard to get where he is on his grades. That may be a factor but he’s also very passionate about History which comes across in his personal statement.
I’m actually asking on behalf of my son. He is predicted AAB. A in History and Ancient History and B in Media. He’s struggled with his mental health and didn’t do well in his GCSEs but he’s worked hard to get where he is on his grades. That may be a factor but he’s also very passionate about History which comes across in his personal statement.

Oh ok. It took about 2 months to get a response. I'm international, and I knew others had already received offers by the 17th (of this month). I was getting a bit stressed and worried, but, in the end, everything turned out alright. It's curious because today is St.Andrew's Day; I think it actually means something. At least, this day will mean something to me now. :smile:

I honestly think it's still early for home students. Home students usually get offers after the deadline (31 January). I know some home students who have already got offers, but those are extremely rare. Usually, those students have top grades and apply for smaller courses.

At the end of the day, I think the most relevant aspects of the application are the PS and references, as most people have great grades. Grades are crucial, but not everything. As it's still early for home students, I honestly wouldn't worry at all. They will reach out when they can (St. Andrews is a rather small uni and receives thousands of applications, it's difficult to handle that many).

Good luck! :smile:
(edited 4 months ago)

Would you mind telling me your GCSE (or equivalent) and Predicted grades?

Would you mind telling me your GCSE (or equivalent) and Predicted grades?

I’m a current student and I didn’t hear back until late April 🙂
Is anyone else studying comparative lit? I received my offer about a month ago but haven't seen many others for comparative lit.
has anyone heard back for chemistry?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending