theological studies
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Anonymous #107
I got a PhD scholarship!!! The decisions are defo being released today 😊

Which one? And what are you studying? I got nothing 🥲
Original post by Anonymous #75
Edinburgh are sending out decisions today! Decisions are on the way :biggrin:

I got my rejection from Edinburgh yesterday so not much hope left for St Andrews
Original post by JMarlb
Which one? And what are you studying? I got nothing 🥲

Janet T Anderson scholarship, doing a PhD in English. I received an email about it (when I got rejected from others, they just appeared on my portal).
Original post by Anonymous #107
Janet T Anderson scholarship, doing a PhD in English. I received an email about it (when I got rejected from others, they just appeared on my portal).

Congratulations!
Rejection for MPhys Astrophysics came through earlier today.
Predicted 4 A*s and 10 grade nines at GCSE.
RUK student, first year entry, non-contextual.
Now deciding whether to form Edinburgh or York (if anyone has any advice on either it would be much appreciated! already been to York offer holder day and booked on for Edinburgh now)
Original post by Anonymous #118
Now deciding whether to form Edinburgh or York (if anyone has any advice on either it would be much appreciated! already been to York offer holder day and booked on for Edinburgh now)

the actual...?

Edinburgh always has dodgy student satisfaction rates but the full package of the uni and city is too much to say no to
IMO, York is great too of course

are you just non-contextual or 'public school' ?

in your position i'd probably find a scholarship for a uni abroad tbh
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Anonymous #118

I saw that on the spreadsheet. That’s crazy. Your stats are impeccable, wishing you all the best at Edinburgh or York.
Reply 1248
Rejected Astrophysics also today - 11 9s at GCSE and 4 A stars at A level and A star achieved at EPQ. RUK.
Original post by A Rolling Stone
the actual...?
Edinburgh always has dodgy student satisfaction rates but the full package of the uni and city is too much to say no to
IMO, York is great too of course
are you just non-contextual or 'public school' ?
in your position i'd probably find a scholarship for a uni abroad tbh

Public school as well yes. Looking to do a PhD possibly in nuclear fusion which I know York is well known for, although I think I prefer the structure of Edinburgh’s course. Got time do decide over Easter though and I’m glad at least I know now rather than later when I’ll be busy with mocks/final exams.
Original post by Cicero4325
I saw that on the spreadsheet. That’s crazy. Your stats are impeccable, wishing you all the best at Edinburgh or York.

Thank you so much :smile: !
Just rejected from Edinburgh DDDD: should I lose all hope for St. Andrews or not?
Just rejected from Edinburgh DDDD: should I lose all hope for St. Andrews or not?
Not necessarily. Just remember they’re different institutions and will make decisions a little differently to each other. True, it’s probably best not to get your hopes up but St Andrews can and do give offers until 16 May, so it’s not over until it’s actually over.

Sorry just to note, I got an unconditional from Glasgow, and apparently they have higher entry requirements sooooo.... could it just be RNG??? (RUK, contextual - I think) :tongue:
Original post by squiddy135
Not necessarily. Just remember they’re different institutions and will make decisions a little differently to each other. True, it’s probably best not to get your hopes up but St Andrews can and do give offers until 16 May, so it’s not over until it’s actually over.

Aw ok, thanks dude, it's not over til it's over!!
Also just rejected for astrophyics! Not quite as impressive with my stats predicted two a stars and an A with A*in epq and 9999988888887 at GCSE (RUK) glad the wait is over.
(edited 1 month ago)
Just got rejected for the undergraduate excellence scholarship. Still hadn’t heard back about my offer. Fingers crossed I’ll just get an offer at this point.
Original post by Anonymous #76
Just got rejected for the undergraduate excellence scholarship. Still hadn’t heard back about my offer. Fingers crossed I’ll just get an offer at this point.

i just did too. i did get an offer back in the fall. best of luck with your offer - hope you hear good news soon.
Does anybody have a link to the 2023 spreadsheet?
Original post by Anonymous #64
Does anybody have a link to the 2023 spreadsheet?

its on page one if you just scroll down a little bit 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending