The Student Room Group
Leeds Arts University
Leeds Arts University
Leeds

Official Leeds Arts University Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official Leeds Arts University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Leeds Arts University.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!
Reply 1
Hi! I'm applying for BA Animation, I sent off my portfolio last week and i'm waiting on a response :smile: If anyone's received an offer yet or know how long it'll take i'd love to know lol
Leeds Arts University
Leeds Arts University
Leeds
Original post by Snapshoot
Hi! I'm applying for BA Animation, I sent off my portfolio last week and i'm waiting on a response :smile: If anyone's received an offer yet or know how long it'll take i'd love to know lol

Hey! Our Admissions team try to process applications within four weeks of receiving your work, so you should head back from them shortly. If you have any other questions specific to your application, you can get in touch with them directly at [email protected].🙂
I've applied for fine art in October and sent in my portfolio by my deadline in November - i was wondering if anyone has heard back yet or started getting offers? I haven't had anything 😭
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've applied for fine art in October and sent in my portfolio by my deadline in November - i was wondering if anyone has heard back yet or started getting offers? I haven't had anything 😭

Hi! It's great to hear you've applied for our BA (Hons) Fine Art course. You can contact our Admissions team at [email protected], they can answer any questions about your application. Good luck! 🙂
Anybody heard anything back for the Marketing Communications course?
Hi I heard that classes have 70 students in..how does this work does everyone get supported ?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I heard that classes have 70 students in..how does this work does everyone get supported ?

Hi 🙂,

Thank you for your query, what course are you interested in? At Leeds Arts University we do everything we can to enable your future success. Our expert tutors deliver high quality teaching and learning which is research informed.
Our class sizes vary depending on what course you study and the type of teaching and learning activity you are engaging with, it could be from a 1:1 tutorial or a lecture/seminar with other students, or working in small teams in the studio on a live brief or project, allowing you to develop the skills you would use in industry. Here is a full explanation of the types of teaching and learning we use at Leeds Arts.

https://a.storyblok.com/f/219744/x/05b6eaa2c7/ug-teaching-and-learning-at-lau-22-23.pdf

If you are holding an offer do try and attend our next offer holder day on Saturday 20 April. If you haven't yet applied you can find out about our next Undergraduate Open Day on the link below. You can get a feel for what it is like being part of our creative community:

https://www.leeds-art.ac.uk/book-an-open-day

Please don’t hesitate to get back to me with further questions 😊.

Leeds Arts University Rep
Original post by LeedsArtUniRep
Hi 🙂,
Thank you for your query, what course are you interested in? At Leeds Arts University we do everything we can to enable your future success. Our expert tutors deliver high quality teaching and learning which is research informed.
Our class sizes vary depending on what course you study and the type of teaching and learning activity you are engaging with, it could be from a 1:1 tutorial or a lecture/seminar with other students, or working in small teams in the studio on a live brief or project, allowing you to develop the skills you would use in industry. Here is a full explanation of the types of teaching and learning we use at Leeds Arts.
https://a.storyblok.com/f/219744/x/05b6eaa2c7/ug-teaching-and-learning-at-lau-22-23.pdf
If you are holding an offer do try and attend our next offer holder day on Saturday 20 April. If you haven't yet applied you can find out about our next Undergraduate Open Day on the link below. You can get a feel for what it is like being part of our creative community:
https://www.leeds-art.ac.uk/book-an-open-day
Please don’t hesitate to get back to me with further questions 😊.

I’m going to do illustration ba:smile:
Hey! I'm Alex. I'm applying / have a conditional offer to Illustration! I'm going to be attending as many events as I can up till starting my course at Leeds to get a good grasp on what to expect in my course. I'm honestly really excited, but nervous because I don't many people who will be attending/starting for 2024 September!
Original post by alexissocks
Hey! I'm Alex. I'm applying / have a conditional offer to Illustration! I'm going to be attending as many events as I can up till starting my course at Leeds to get a good grasp on what to expect in my course. I'm honestly really excited, but nervous because I don't many people who will be attending/starting for 2024 September!

im planning to do illustration in sep too !🙂 I’ve only been to an open day thing last year but am also excited
Original post by loubellz3
im planning to do illustration in sep too !🙂 I’ve only been to an open day thing last year but am also excited

I haven't been to any open days, but I'm super excited! I'm off to a offer day, though! 🙂 Good luck with Uni!
I’m going to do illustration ba:smile:

Hi,

That sounds great! If you have any questions please let me know. You can also chat to a current BA (Hons) Illustration student on the link below. ☺️

https://www.leeds-art.ac.uk/chat-to-a-student

Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,
Welcome to the official Leeds Arts University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Leeds Arts University.
Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:
“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.
Good luck and happy posting!

Hi,
I’ve applied for photography. Are the classes big and do you think there are connections after you graduate
Hey! I’m Ola. I've accepted my offer for the Visual Communication course this year. I’m wondering if anyone’s doing the same course ? And what accommodations people are looking at :smile:
Hi,
I’ve applied for photography. Are the classes big and do you think there are connections after you graduate

Hi,😀

It's great to hear you have applied with us. Our class sizes vary depending on the course and the type of teaching and learning activity you are engaging with. It could be from a 1:1 tutorial or a lecture/seminar with other students, or working in small teams in the studio on a live brief or project, allowing you to develop the skills you would use in industry. 🙂📸

Our BA (Hons) Photography course will allow you to benefit from enterprise and business skills including networking, mentoring, and work experience opportunities. Once you graduate you will become part of the alumni community where you have access to our career resources. If you have any more questions please let me know. You can also chat with one of our current students on the link below.😎

https://www.leeds-art.ac.uk/chat-to-a-student

Leeds Arts University Rep!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending