The Student Room Group

Chemistry

What are the top ranking universities for chemistry, particularly organic heavy/medicinal, and not Oxford Cambridge?
Original post by ryanar
What are the top ranking universities for chemistry, particularly organic heavy/medicinal, and not Oxford Cambridge?

Firstly, Cambridge doesn’t offer a standalone chemistry course at undergrad level, so it shouldn’t be considered a top university for chemistry at that level imo.

Secondly, avoid using league tables as they are seldom accurate and often are not replicated.

I’d honestly say it’s not worth applying only to so called ‘top unis’ because they are perceived to be the best. I would pick the universities based on the course structure as that may be your best indicator of how much you would enjoy the course. Next, I’d look at the options/modules on offer, the location of the university and where the graduates tend to find employment. These will give a rough indication of whether the course will keep you interested enough to want to keep at it on a bad day and whether you stand an acceptable chance of getting the sort of job you want to aim for.

Quick Reply

Latest