The Student Room Group

(edited 6 months ago)
Short answer, no.
Original post by studylise
Could she put in a good word for me at the university she went to? would that be useful? idk how uni works in england since i just moved here!

No, that’s not a thing here and a uni won’t take that into account at all. Also, the people looking at your application won’t have known your teacher personally so another reason not to. Don’t do it, it makes it look like you’re trying to sweet talk your way in instead of making it on your own merit, and that can actually make you and your application look really, really bad.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 3
As above - No.

And Unis dont accept cash in brown envelopes either
Reply 4
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
No, that’s not a thing here and a uni won’t take that into account at all. Also, the people looking at your application won’t have known your teacher personally so another reason not to. Don’t do it, it makes it look like you’re trying to sweet talk your way in instead of making it on your own merit, and that can actually make you and your application look really, really bad.

Reply 5
There’s a process to follow with UCAS. Unless Dad or Mum’s the Dean or a Nobel prize winner I doubt there is a way to subvert it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending