The Student Room Group

Is one person with all the money, power and control over technology too Dangerous ?

Im thinking specifically of Elon Musk here, but you may know others
Musk doesn’t have all the money, technology or power.

He certainly is one of the most visible technology leaders but I think there are a lot more institutions with more power & leverage then him. Id be more concerned with the ones of immense influence with little to no public profile, although ironically you might not actually know who they are.
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
Musk doesn’t have all the money, technology or power.

He certainly is one of the most visible technology leaders but I think there are a lot more institutions with more power & leverage then him. Id be more concerned with the ones of immense influence with little to no public profile, although ironically you might not actually know who they are.

but musk has Starlink, which influnenced the Ukraine Russia war. He has a space program
He controls the biggest online media platform, he is developing brain control tech and various AI programmes, thats just what we know of
Reply 3
Original post by Shansai
Im thinking specifically of Elon Musk here, but you may know others

Musk is worth listening to. He is exceedingly clever, although not that articulate and has an in-depth technical knowledge of all the fields in which he operates. However, his success is based on the fact that he is a true disrupter. Most people look around and say what can I make better. He looks around and says, "Why do we need that or do that at all." He is one to watch and someone to take inspiration from. I don't think he is dangerous.

Now the Tories - they are dangerous. They say things like "we are reducing taxes" when in reality they are actually putting tax up. That is truly dangerous because it is effectively lying about what you are doing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending