The Student Room Group

Isaac Senior Physics Challenge 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by siiiiiii
two will probably be fine, they'll probably pick like the top 3 from a school with highest numbers of questions done, I would probably just gatekeep from others in the same school (less competition). Issac physics probs just said it so its like equal opportunities for everyone or like to prevent ppl copying answers from others they know

In previous years, only one girl and one boy are allowed to get in each year per school (I go to an all boys' so I'm like crying right now). Maybe the summer camp is expanding this year though?
Does attempts per question factor in? Just checked mine and it's looking like ~6 attempts per question. Looks pretty bad 😭
Reply 22
Original post by myheartisblazing
Does attempts per question factor in? Just checked mine and it's looking like ~6 attempts per question. Looks pretty bad 😭

I’m really hoping it doesn’t I’m about the same
Original post by myheartisblazing

Don't think so: they look at your question attempts (to see how much you've been using the website) and the number of questions you've done (obviously), but not the two in conjunction, or at least I don't think so...
I messed up early on and did way too much P-level questions. I'm on 80 C1, 42 C2 and 5C3, you lot reckon that's a good place to be at rn? (planning on doing one C3 question before going to sleep after sehri in Ramadan so that's when I'll properly deal with those ones)
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Robbed Banks
I messed up early on and did way too much P-level questions. I'm on 80 C1, 42 C2 and 5C3, you lot reckon that's a good place to be at rn? (planning on doing one C3 question before going to sleep after sehri in Ramadan so that's when I'll properly deal with those ones)

Sounds pretty good to me!
Reply 26
Original post by DanW771
There is so much ambiguity this year on what counts etc and how weighting works.

First Question:
What questions exactly does this exclude. On question finder there are no questions labelled 'master maths'. Furthermore, almost all the maths questions are from the 'pre-uni' mastery book. Does this count as mastery maths?

Quoted from the website
Please note that Master Maths and multiple choice questions are not taken into account.

Second Question:
I noticed some questions are graded both C3 A-level and C-1 at Further A-level. Will they take the C-3 label as a judgement or the C-1 label?

I think for your last question, the answer would be like a point system, eg if C1 Alevel would be 1 point, C2 AL 5points, C3 AL10points. So if a question is both alevel C3 and further A C1, they would count it as 10 points as they are equivalent
Reply 27
I think for your last question, the answer would be like a point system, eg if C1 Alevel would be 1 point, C2 AL 5points, C3 AL10points. So if a question is both alevel C3 and further A C1, they would count it as 10 points as they are equivalent
Someone emailed isaac in another thread and they said a further A C2 is about equivalent to an A level C3 but that questions rated as 2 difficulties count as 1 question
Reply 28
How's everyone getting on?
Original post by Boson789
How's everyone getting on?
just tryna get from 630 to 680 then should be good
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 30
Original post by hackinharry22
just tryna get from 630 to 680 then should be good
600 questions?! im still stuck at 70...
mhm i'm a no-life with too much free time and a love for physics: what did you expect was going to happen...
can't do some C2's though, kind of annoying as I want to finish those. there are a lot.
Original post by Boson789
Someone emailed isaac in another thread and they said a further A C2 is about equivalent to an A level C3 but that questions rated as 2 difficulties count as 1 question
imo that sounds too high: further a c2's are preeeetty difficult while normal c3's are okay-ish if you get the trick
Reply 33
imo that sounds too high: further a c2's are preeeetty difficult while normal c3's are okay-ish if you get the trick
do you do stem smart? they go through some C2 and 3 questions
do you do stem smart? they go through some C2 and 3 questions
what's that? i've never heard of that...
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 35
what's that? i've never heard of that...
its like Cambridge online tutoring and Mentoring, but applications closed now
its like Cambridge online tutoring and Mentoring, but applications closed now
oh rip, would've been good but thank you for telling, maybe other people reading the forum can do it now
600 questions?! im still stuck at 70...
1 more thing: you'll see it as a journey rather than an objective once you get to 300, 350 questions, and you'll want to keep going. In fact, you'll probably become quite partial and accelerate...
(edited 2 months ago)
1 more thing: you'll see it as a journey rather than an objective once you get to 300, 350 questions, and you'll want to keep going. In fact, you'll probably become quite partial and accelerate...
Did you find you got faster? I feel like my progress will slow when there are less questions I can comfortably complete.
Original post by AoiJuniper
Did you find you got faster? I feel like my progress will slow when there are less questions I can comfortably complete.
No, no, I definitely got slower. I haven't done any questions for like the last 2 or 3 days and I've even had to switch to doing the easier maths questions...

Quick Reply

Latest