The Student Room Group

Senior Physics Challenge 2022

Is anyone else trying to get on to the Summer school this year?

Edit: To clarify I mean the Isaac Physics challenge
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by y2467
hey yeah i am

How many questions have you got so far?
Me too! :smile: I havent gotten too many done though
I am aiming for 550 by 1st May
Hbu?
Original post by MayaVellichor
Me too! :smile: I havent gotten too many done though
I am aiming for 550 by 1st May
Hbu?

I haven't done that many but i'm hoping to have 500-600 by the deadline as well.
I'm trying to increase my number of C3 right now but they're so difficult : (
Reply 4
hello!! I was wondering how your question distribution is at? I've been looking at the number of qs available at C2 for A level, and I rly dont think i can even fill the "300 minimum" quota I've set! and how true to their word are they when they mention that they also look at our rates too? Cus I've done close to 200 since the start of this month??
(edited 1 year ago)
Ngl the residential seems quite competitive this year. Aiming to do between 550 and 600 as well, but mocks are coming up....

I'm a bit worried by my massive physics and maths question split. Anyone finding the maths questions a lot harder?
(edited 1 year ago)
from what I've heard it sounds really competitive this year. I wish I had more time to do questions but at this rate I'm probably not going to get to 600 by the deadline although that's my goal. my maths/physics split is horrendous its about 20/80 and I absolutely agree the maths ones are definitely harder
(edited 1 year ago)
my maths physics split is also horrendous (15/85!!) How many are you all currently on
I am on 335ish but am aiming for 550 by the deadline
how bout you guys?
450 currently
Original post by iTsJames123
450 currently

Wow very impressive :smile: I am trying to teach myself the waves topic ahead of time to access those questions, but do you have any tips?
haven't really touched many of the waves questions yet.... but to gain an understanding of the topic, watch youtube tutorials and look at websites (such as hyperphysics) to try to understand the topic
how are you guys doing? I'm only at about 400 now so its not looking great for me but hopefully I still stand a chance to get a certificate or something if I don't get in.
I've been counting my questions by keeping track of the practice questions I've done and then subtracting that from my total questions done this year. its easier for me that way because I've done far fewer practice questions than challenge questions and I've also got a fair amount of further a questions which don't double up as a level questions, but at the end of the day I feel like the actual number is usually going to be a bit inaccurate.
I saw on another thread that they take question parts completed in to account too but not nearly as much so its probably better to have a c3 with one part wrong than not have tried it at all I guess.
good luck!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by WhiteDwarf27
how are you guys doing? I'm only at about 400 now so its not looking great for me but hopefully I still stand a chance to get a certificate or something if I don't get in.
I've been counting my questions by keeping track of the practice questions I've done and then subtracting that from my total questions done this year. its easier for me that way because I've done far fewer practice questions than challenge questions and I've also got a fair amount of further a questions which don't double up as a level questions, but at the end of the day I feel like the actual number is usually going to be a bit inaccurate.
I saw on another thread that they take question parts completed in to account too but not nearly as much so its probably better to have a c3 with one part wrong than not have tried it at all I guess.
good luck!

I'm around 560 questions (just subtracted the 50 or so practice ive done) but my questions attempts over time is looking soo clapped!
if you've got 560 by now you're probably fine!
How many do you reccon we'll need to get in this year? I'm trying my best but I am still struggling slightly
from what I've been hearing id say possibly 500 as the very minimum? there's no way to be sure though but I'm really hoping 500 is enough bc it absolutely would have been last year. how many are you on?
Original post by WhiteDwarf27
from what I've been hearing id say possibly 500 as the very minimum? there's no way to be sure though but I'm really hoping 500 is enough bc it absolutely would have been last year. how many are you on?

Oh no... I am only on like 427, I'm just not a super genius or something
I've put so much time in I just hope that it's enough
I'm sure you can get to 500 by the deadline! good luck!
Bear in mind that people in the student room, who tend to discuss such things, are more likely to be extra keen on doing Isaac Physics Questions. So judging the entrance criteria on how many questions other people have done in the student room may be a bit misleading.

Hopefully, the standards this year are similar to the year before (though the Spc is likely to get more competitive year after year as more and more people find out about it).

Good luck with reaching 500 though.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest