The Student Room Group

Chemistry IA.

I have a problem when I am calculating the activation energy of the reaction between H2SO4 and Fe using the arrhenius equation but I am stuck because I cannot find the k value at different temperatures for the reaction. Please help out if there are any web pages where I can get k value for different temperatures when there is a reaction between Fe and H2SO4. My rq is "How do the temperatures of 40°C, 50 °C, 60°C, 70°C and 80°C of dilute Sulfuric Acid (H2SO4) affect its rate of reaction with excess Iron (Fe) and what is the activation energy of this reaction?"
Original post by praanjal
I have a problem when I am calculating the activation energy of the reaction between H2SO4 and Fe using the arrhenius equation but I am stuck because I cannot find the k value at different temperatures for the reaction. Please help out if there are any web pages where I can get k value for different temperatures when there is a reaction between Fe and H2SO4. My rq is "How do the temperatures of 40°C, 50 °C, 60°C, 70°C and 80°C of dilute Sulfuric Acid (H2SO4) affect its rate of reaction with excess Iron (Fe) and what is the activation energy of this reaction?"

If it's an IA you should find the rate constant values by experimentation.
Step 1 - determine the order of reaction with respect to hydrogen ions
Step 2 - determine the rate constant.
Step 3 - determine the rate constant at another temperature(s)
Step 4 - determine the Arrhenius constant by simultaneous or graphical methods.

Quick Reply

Latest