The Student Room Group

Getting 3As for IAS

Hello,
I am a 12th grade student who will be writing my Edexcel IAS exam in MAY 2024. My subjects are Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. I have an average of 55 in my latest exam. To be honest, this is my first time doing an international curriculum which has a different way of answering questions. However, without the aid of tuition classes I was able to gain this sort of an average. My question is, will I be able to gain 3As in my IAS exam which is just 4 exact months away from today ? I am willing to work extremely hard and well-determined during these 4 salient months. Please provide me with a genuine and a fair answer. Thank you.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Thank you TSR Jessica for letting me know.
Reply 3
Original post by AMAYA WIJESINGHE
Hello,
I am a 12th grade student who will be writing my Edexcel IAS exam in MAY 2024. My subjects are Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. I have an average of 55 in my latest exam. To be honest, this is my first time doing an international curriculum which has a different way of answering questions. However, without the aid of tuition classes I was able to gain this sort of an average. My question is, will I be able to gain 3As in my IAS exam which is just 4 exact months away from today ? I am willing to work extremely hard and well-determined during these 4 salient months. Please provide me with a genuine and a fair answer. Thank you.

I’m in the same boat here, I used to do the local curriculum in my country and switched to edexcel for A levels in hopes of studying abroad.

I don’t know what the bio syllabus is like because I’m not doing that, but in terms of physics and chemistry, you need a LOT of practice! If you are willing to work hard then, 4 months is enough to get you the grades you want.

Keep in mind to do a lot of practice questions (physicsandmathstutor is a site online which I use) and do it DAILY. Since you aren’t going for tuition it’s extremely important to keep yourself accountable and honest with your daily work!

Good luck! And if you have any questions feel free to reach out, I’m doing my AS in May as well, and although I don’t have a lot of experience with sitting for an exam, I have managed to bring up my grades (above 80% average) by just being consistent, even without tuition.

Quick Reply

Latest