The Student Room Group

Bedfordshire 2024 Midwifery Applicants

Hey All! I thought I would start a thread for those of us who have applied to Bedfordshire. Has anyone had any interviews yet? I had mine this morning, no idea how it went but I think I waffled on a bit.

They said should hear back in January which although is next month, suddenly feels very far away haha!

Anyone heard back already?
Reply 1
Original post by cazjane.white
Hey All! I thought I would start a thread for those of us who have applied to Bedfordshire. Has anyone had any interviews yet? I had mine this morning, no idea how it went but I think I waffled on a bit.

They said should hear back in January which although is next month, suddenly feels very far away haha!

Anyone heard back already?

Hey,

What campus did you interview for? Have you received an offer?

I have a conditional offer for University of Bedfordshire’s Aylesbury Campus. Would be great to meet people ahead of then to make it a little less daunting.

Currently working on my access course and have been out of eduction for 14 years!

Laura x
Reply 2
Good luck with your potential upcoming interviews for midwifery at university.

Hope yous are successfully although some of yous will be disappointed due to not getting any offers but never give up okay.

Sometimes if you are unsuccessful after a interview you might be offered an alternative nursing field ( example - adult nursing) this is normally because yous were so close for midwifery but because of the limited numbers that each university take in each year they give you the opportunity to do another nursing field...... It's up to yourselves if yous accept it or not ( bear in mind that you could say no to the alternative and await till next year and reapply for midwifery and hope that yous are accepted and remember yous are certain to get a offer next year) so you would be best accepting the alternative nursing field offer and at the end of first year you could ask if you can transfer to midwifery if there's any places available.

Alternatively complete the adult nursing degree and you can apply for a job working on the maternity wards as a adult nurse okay,
I have adult nurses and HCA and also MCA working under myself on midwifery ward and they all do a fantastic job.

A NHS registered midwife.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending