The Student Room Group

Why do some guys who work in male-dominated profesions are so perverted?

Why do some guys who work in male-dominated profesions ( builders, butchers, garbage collectors, construct workers) are so perverted? Some of them look at the women who pass in front of them as if they are thirsty for fuc*d them. Some construct workers and garbage collectors have a terrible habit of harassing women in the street.
Reply 1
Original post by ripmyheart
Why do some guys who work in male-dominated profesions ( builders, butchers, garbage collectors, construct workers) are so perverted? Some of them look at the women who pass in front of them as if they are thirsty for fuc*d them. Some construct workers and garbage collectors have a terrible habit of harassing women in the street.

It is a product of the social norms within each particular grouping. I'm reading a Lark Rise to Candleford at the moment which talks about they way in which the land owner was talked about behind his back by the field workers.

And for the record, I can say that some groups of women speak about men in equally derogatory tones when not in the presence of said men.
Reply 2
Because their professions are physical so their thoughts are too. We wouldn't have a species if at some point every relationship didn't turn physical. They're just cutting out the fakery and being honest.
Original post by ripmyheart

Not everyone is like what you described but if some are still behaving this way then you can't do much about it. I assume it's the way they have been brought up but their professions are probably related to their behaviour because if they're doing physical types of work then they will be thinking likewise.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending