The Student Room Group

High turnin

Hey so I'm my Yr 3 of my course and this assignment I did turn in and it came up with a turn in of 57% I had two parts of the assignment a preservation and a 3000 word essay. I have no idea how it is this high for?

I've never had a turn in higher then 24% do you think I be okay? I've worked to hard to be kicked off? 😪 I'm so so so worried about it! I dont want to say anything just in case
Turnitin is just a guide for lecturers to see what is being highlighted and why. They aren't machines and will actually be able to see if something got highlighted that isn't an issue (e.g. a properly quoted and cited quotation, a properly formatted bibliographic entry, a cover sheet) vs something that may be (extended passages of prose with very similar structure and content to one or two other sources otherwise that you would reasonably have access to might start raising some eyebrows) and make a reasoned judgment about.

I'd suggest you also look through and see what was highlighted and think about why it got highlighted and if you think it's an issue, rather than just the end %. Note though that self-plagiarism is a thing so keep that in mind...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending