The Student Room Group

erf

sdf
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by riker123
I ve met a number of people and seems on tsr that really hype up warwick as being really prestigious but in my mind apart from econ its not that great and would rank it alongside the likes of KCL, Bath, Exeter and Bristol as a better than average russell group. I rejected Warwick for history and go to Exeter and people act like I've rejected oxford. Its not on the same level as UCL, LSE, ICL, Durham IMO or even the other unis I mentioned before for a number of subjects. Also I think this whole thing is dumb, if you have the same Alevels for the most part I don't think where you go matters that much.

Reputation means nothing and Warwick is on a par with somewhere like Bath and Exeter anyway. Warwick's strength is Maths and Economics whilst Exeter's is humanities. It really doesnt matter anyway as there is very little difference between major universities anyway. What really matters is where you are comfortable as it is you that has to spend 3 years there not others,
Reply 2
Its called 'marketing'. Warwick started presenting itself as 'a modern Uni for go-getters' about 20 years ago.
And that is its invented image - and some people buy into it. Its what happens when you turn education into a commodity, and students into customers.
Original post by swanseajack1
Reputation means nothing and Warwick is on a par with somewhere like Bath and Exeter anyway. Warwick's strength is Maths and Economics whilst Exeter's is humanities. It really doesnt matter anyway as there is very little difference between major universities anyway. What really matters is where you are comfortable as it is you that has to spend 3 years there not others,

Exactly and I dont get my warwick people act really arrogant, seems they are more up themselves than oxford
Reply 4
Original post by riker123
Exactly and I dont get my warwick people act really arrogant, seems they are more up themselves than oxford

There are people who identify so closely with 'their Uni' that they think it identifies them as having the same reputation as the Uni. 'My Uni is smarter than your Uni' = 'I'm smarter'. There are plenty of other Unis like this not just Warwick.

If you want a more normal experience, then you'll find Unis like Liverpool, Bath, Southampton etc, that educate bright people without all that overconstructed razzamatazz, might be more your thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending