The Student Room Group

Applying to Polish Universities without full A-Levels

Hi everyone

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
I’m interested in studying a bachelor’s in mechanical engineering in English in Poland, Hungary or Czech Republic. I’m a Non-EU student (international student). I will email these universities to ask for more info but I thought I would make a post here first to get some advice.

MY QUESTION
My secondary school had 13 years of schooling but due to personal circumstances I only completed the 12th standard, so I don’t have a secondary school leaving certificate and I only completed the AS levels (which is only one year out of the two years for the British A level exam system).

I’m afraid the universities might not be satisfied with only having AS levels. I had a bad experience with A levels specifically so I feel I can’t go back and finish it so I’m stuck with only my AS levels. So my question is do you know any online test/certification or short term qualification that would allow me to get the admission requirements? Or any other*solutions?
Original post by Priyapinkrabbit
Hi everyone

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
I’m interested in studying a bachelor’s in mechanical engineering in English in Poland, Hungary or Czech Republic. I’m a Non-EU student (international student). I will email these universities to ask for more info but I thought I would make a post here first to get some advice.

MY QUESTION
My secondary school had 13 years of schooling but due to personal circumstances I only completed the 12th standard, so I don’t have a secondary school leaving certificate and I only completed the AS levels (which is only one year out of the two years for the British A level exam system).

I’m afraid the universities might not be satisfied with only having AS levels. I had a bad experience with A levels specifically so I feel I can’t go back and finish it so I’m stuck with only my AS levels. So my question is do you know any online test/certification or short term qualification that would allow me to get the admission requirements? Or any other*solutions?

i’ve been facing the same issue, i emailed a number of universities although mine were economics universities and they all said they didn’t consider AS without the A levels, they have foundation programs but those are mostly for students who aren’t good in English and even then they want A level results. being out of options i didn’t want to risk it, now i’m doing crash program for a level (homeschool) i’ll sit in may/june and use predictions to apply. However, i think Hungary is more flexible when it comes to this, try focusing on the unis there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending