The Student Room Group

University of Silesia/medlink students

Hi. Has anyone here applied to the medical university of Silesia through medlink students? I have a bachelors degree in medical sciences and want to transfer into 3rd year, or get course exemptions. CAN medlink make this happen??
Original post by amalie95
Hi. Has anyone here applied to the medical university of Silesia through medlink students? I have a bachelors degree in medical sciences and want to transfer into 3rd year, or get course exemptions. CAN medlink make this happen??
no medlink cannot mae this happen. infact the university has become stricter with higher years of entry- you will be lucky if you get into year 2 even with any bachelors degree such as biomedical science, medical sciences etc. I applied through medlink and they failed to mention that they cannot gurantee a 4 year course with this uni until i paid the last installment to them
also, i would not recommend medical university of silesia. They neglect the english division significantly. We are given the least prioritised cadavers / worst cadavers to practice clinical skills. They do not allow us to access the medical simulation rooms as it is only for polish students (even though we pay expensive tuition fees and the polish students have free education). You find out very soon that english division (european & international students) are just money pumps for the university. The Dean's office have a habit of "Losing your documents that you provide them" such as certificates, so make sure to take pictures and copies of them. The organisation of the timetables by the Deans for english division students are also very disorganised and frustrating, they also take long to answer to emails. essentially you have to be very persistent with the Dean's office if you want to get their attention. We have class presidents- this is a selected member in your class who communicates between students and teachers, which is very toxic as they are usually favored by professors, they usually get most answers to exams right which raises questions to us other students. There is also competition between students as a result where they try and form cliques to put themselves at an advantage. You can't usually email professors directly, they either don't respond or take time to respond, you usually have to relay your message to the class president who will then tell the professor on your behalf and then let you know what the professor has said. Also forgot to mention that English division students have to organise their own graduation ceremony together and fully pay for it, it is not done by the university. And if you do choose to organise a graduation ceremony, it will take place in the university lecture hall where you do your exams... whilst the polish students have their graduation ceremony fully organised and paid for by the university in the prestigious silesia philharmonic hall. Essentially, there is a lot of discrimination between English Division students and Polish students which is such a big shame as we are all medical students, and on top of that english division students are paying expensive tuition fees.
Hi. I’m studying there, Polish division. It might be difficult to do as even when Polish students change unis they have a problem with the other uni recognising courses they’ve done. The subject curriculum must be as similar as possible between the two units for them to recognise the course as completed if that makes sense. So if I were you, I’d make sure to let the uni know how much your completed courses overlap with what they have in their medical programmes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending