The Student Room Group

Why do people care about looking younger? - vent

I'm seeing so many people complain on tiktok how 10 year old kids are going into skincare stores and buying anti aging products. While i get how its frustrating as they don't need it, people don't seem to realize that the only person to blame is themselves. They're putting a negative imagine on the word aging. It's not a bad thing. Then they wonder why children are trying all this anti aging stuff - because they paint aging to be a curse. Social media has made people think that having wrinkles and smile lines is wrong and ugly. Then when you say that to them, they deny it. Okay so why are you trying to hard to look 10 years younger than what you are?
I'm not talking about using tret of suncream as I do that but not for the anti aging affect but because I have acne and so much scarring. They just happen to be slightly anti-aging but i dont go around telling everyone that aging is bad. I understand why some people were suncream - for skin cancer and sun damage. Some people literally go to bed with weird plastic on their face that pulls back their skin to prevent wrinkles. Thats absurd. Videos that say "how i look 23 as a 27 year old" or something like that really wind me up because the person usually looks their age. People automatically assume that the minute they are over the age of 26, they're going to look prehistoric. You look young at 27 because 27 is young? If i say this in the comment section, people will get furious. I havent seen a video where someone actually looks younger than they are because they are young in the first place. Sure they may have better skin than some people but it doesn't make them look younger.

I just think that some people need to go outside and face reality. People don't realize what an impact this has on younger kids but then doesn't understand why younger kids think this way. Maybe because you're chucking stupid stuff into their head.
If you want to look younger, then by all means go ahead. All i'm saying is that don't go around implying that aging is deemed as ugly, if you think it is - keep it to urself.
Anyone else agree?
Reply 1
Dont believe everything you read on Thick Tok. Where's the evidence that all these children are buying products?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm seeing so many people complain on tiktok how 10 year old kids are going into skincare stores and buying anti aging products. While i get how its frustrating as they don't need it, people don't seem to realize that the only person to blame is themselves. They're putting a negative imagine on the word aging. It's not a bad thing. Then they wonder why children are trying all this anti aging stuff - because they paint aging to be a curse. Social media has made people think that having wrinkles and smile lines is wrong and ugly. Then when you say that to them, they deny it. Okay so why are you trying to hard to look 10 years younger than what you are?
I'm not talking about using tret of suncream as I do that but not for the anti aging affect but because I have acne and so much scarring. They just happen to be slightly anti-aging but i dont go around telling everyone that aging is bad. I understand why some people were suncream - for skin cancer and sun damage. Some people literally go to bed with weird plastic on their face that pulls back their skin to prevent wrinkles. Thats absurd. Videos that say "how i look 23 as a 27 year old" or something like that really wind me up because the person usually looks their age. People automatically assume that the minute they are over the age of 26, they're going to look prehistoric. You look young at 27 because 27 is young? If i say this in the comment section, people will get furious. I havent seen a video where someone actually looks younger than they are because they are young in the first place. Sure they may have better skin than some people but it doesn't make them look younger.

I just think that some people need to go outside and face reality. People don't realize what an impact this has on younger kids but then doesn't understand why younger kids think this way. Maybe because you're chucking stupid stuff into their head.
If you want to look younger, then by all means go ahead. All i'm saying is that don't go around implying that aging is deemed as ugly, if you think it is - keep it to urself.
Anyone else agree?

It's almost like TikTok creator are trying to provoke a reaction and get like / follows by doing things that are vaguely controversial. If TikTok were a true representation of every day life, it would be a very dull place indeed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending