The Student Room Group

Living in Exeter v Leeds

I´m a foreign student, I´ve never lived in the UK, and I know nothing about the culture. I´d greatly appreciate it if you guys could tell me things I should have in mind about these two places. I´m mostly interested in knowing about the cost of living, the culture, amount of foreign people, etc... Essentially all the non-uni-related things I should know about Exeter and Leeds.
PS: I´m applying to PPE courses in both, in case this has any influence.
Thanks for your help!!
Reply 1
Exeter is a small town / city in the South West of England. It is very pretty and captures many of the qualities people love about British towns. It has a lovely cathedral and is in a great place to explore the south west which is some of the nicest countryside in the UK. I don't think it is very diverse and from a university perspective seems to attract a high proportion of students who were educated privately in the UK.

Leeds is a booming, bustling city in the North of England. It is diverse. It is also very big but has good connections north and south. Cost of living wise, there will be many more cheaper options in Leeds than Exeter and although Leeds isn't a pretty city, it is on the edge of God's Own County of Yorkshire which is stunning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending