The Student Room Group

V300

My goal is to become a prescriber.
I have always wanted to be a midwife, but am open to becoming a nurse, as I would like whatever route I take to also compliment my aesthetics career (I can’t afford to solely work as a nurse or midwife at the moment, but hoping as I get older I can, thats the dream)

How long after qualifying would I be able to take the V300 course? Is it sooner as either a nurse or a midwife? Is it more beneficial one way or another in aesthetics as an adult nurse or a midwife?

Are there any aesthetics nurses or midwives that have taken this route?

Thank you in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by SEM007
My goal is to become a prescriber.
I have always wanted to be a midwife, but am open to becoming a nurse, as I would like whatever route I take to also compliment my aesthetics career (I can’t afford to solely work as a nurse or midwife at the moment, but hoping as I get older I can, thats the dream)

How long after qualifying would I be able to take the V300 course? Is it sooner as either a nurse or a midwife? Is it more beneficial one way or another in aesthetics as an adult nurse or a midwife?

Are there any aesthetics nurses or midwives that have taken this route?

Thank you in advance.

How long does it take to become a prescriber?
For a V150 community prescriber programme, it was a minimum of 2 years; for a V300 independent, it was a minimum of 3 years.

https://www.nmc.org.uk education
Becoming a prescriber - The Nursing and Midwifery Council

Registered midwife.
Reply 2
and you need to be in a role that needs it.
Reply 3
Original post by paub
and you need to be in a role that needs it.

My role in aesthetics would allow me to self fund with some universities, given I had appropriate oversight :-)
Reply 4
Original post by SEM007
My role in aesthetics would allow me to self fund with some universities, given I had appropriate oversight :-)

you would need employer support and a mentor
Reply 5
Original post by paub
you would need employer support and a mentor

I don’t need an employer, I need a mentor who would be my oversight. I have now spoken to a mentor and a few fellow practitioners who have and are going through the process self employed, so am now much clearer on what I need to do :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending