The Student Room Group

Are teenagers reckless but also responsible?

Like I know soaps aren't real but I know that from there and even in real life teenagers looked after their siblings and acted responsibly but also behaved recklessly and took drugs, alcohol and smoked. They also used to stay over at boys houses.
Some teenagers are reckless others are responsible, depends on the teenager and their environment.
Reply 2
Original post by Anony345533
Like I know soaps aren't real but I know that from there and even in real life teenagers looked after their siblings and acted responsibly but also behaved recklessly and took drugs, alcohol and smoked. They also used to stay over at boys houses.

Let's break this down. Some teenagers look after their siblings. Some teenagers behave recklessly. Most teenagers live pretty boring non-descript lives where they turn up to school, go home and do their homework before wasting their life on a computer game / social media.

Just like adults really.
Reply 3
Original post by hotpud
Let's break this down. Some teenagers look after their siblings. Some teenagers behave recklessly. Most teenagers live pretty boring non-descript lives where they turn up to school, go home and do their homework before wasting their life on a computer game / social media.

Just like adults really.

The difference is adults go to work and go home and go on social media, they have to look after their children too if they have any, they don't go to school and do their homework.
Short answer, no. There is no significant link or balance between the two.
Reply 5
The difference is adults go to work and go home and go on social media, they have to look after their children too if they have any, they don't go to school and do their homework.

Again, some adults.

i don't think its fair to generalize all teenagers as the same. Some are going to be reckless. Some are going to be responsible. Some are both. You wouldn't say adults are responsible and hard working are you? Some are but then there are some who sit being miserable in their room doing nothing.
Reply 7
you can be both yk. so long as this teenager isn't high or drunk whilst babysitting their siblings i don't see how these two ideas are mutually exclusive.

well i never had to babysit siblings, but as a teenager i went to school, and managed shifts at my restaurant, and except for rent and a few groceries i was financial responsible for myself. paid for everything: clothes, phone, food/ entertainment, car. since i smoked cigarettes/the odd joint and drank on the weekends tho, that would make me 'reckless' and not responsible? according to tsr standards maybe. hard to take personally tho when many 16 yr olds on here aren't even mature enough to take themselves to the doctors and need to consult tsr if someone looks at them funny. besides reckless and responsible, there's also a third option which is coddled.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending