The Student Room Group

Anglo Celtic Women in Australia

I am studying in Australia and I love it here. The scenery, the optimism.
But I am having difficulties with certain woman.

For some reason it is only the Anglo-Celtic woman. I am of foreign background so maybe I have not have much experience in associating with them. But I find them very agressive in personality their mannerisms and incredibly insincere..

Is the reason because of the egalitarianism conecpt of Australian culture? Other foreign students feel the same. A real passive agressive vibe.

I'm breaking down, finding it hard to cope.

Thank you.
Original post by JB-1999
I am studying in Australia and I love it here. The scenery, the optimism.
But I am having difficulties with certain woman.

For some reason it is only the Anglo-Celtic woman. I am of foreign background so maybe I have not have much experience in associating with them. But I find them very agressive in personality their mannerisms and incredibly insincere..

Is the reason because of the egalitarianism conecpt of Australian culture? Other foreign students feel the same. A real passive agressive vibe.

I'm breaking down, finding it hard to cope.

Thank you.

You can't change how other people behave. Focus on your own resilience.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
You can't change how other people behave. Focus on your own resilience.

Im not asking them to change. I just would like other peoples experience/opinions in dealing with them.
Reply 3
Cant say thats ever been my experience and ive lived in this corner of the world for years now. They're just Aussies, or Kiwi's too given how many jump the ditch these days but still.
So, better question, do you just dislike the Australian persona - it is undeniably brusque in some regards but still. Or, last two options, are you associating with a specific type of person (ass holes for example) or lastly, are you doing something yourself to upset them? After all, i find it somewhat dubious thatan entire 'race' of people are rude and insincere as opposed to it being more likely you're doing something to rub the locals up the wrong way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending