The Student Room Group

Seneca for A-Levels?

Is Seneca a good website to use for a level or is it too SIMPLE a way of learning? Now of course this is alongside textbook revision and practice papers, and classwork.
Original post by rickwindephagura
Is Seneca a good website to use for a level or is it too SIMPLE a way of learning? Now of course this is alongside textbook revision and practice papers, and classwork.
Hi! I think it depends on what kind of learner you are. Personally, I didn't find it too helpful and dropped it after GCSE just because I wasn't really actively revising. By that, I mean that I was easily skipping through the exercises and it was easy to complete a bit of it but not retain that much info. Bear in mind though that I used Seneca 5 years ago so the way the site functions might be different!

I found flashcards, active testing, using computerised flashcards such as Anki more helpful.

I think it doesn't hurt to try it out, test yourself on the topic after doing a Seneca topic and see if it does help :smile: Best way to test your knowledge on something is just to blurt out everything you know about a certain topic onto a page.

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest