The Student Room Group

Poverty

What are the arguments for and against this statement sociologist argue people in NI attribute poverty to a combination of material and cultural factors
Reply 1
Good question. And what is the answer?
That’s why I’m asking the question to get different view points from different cultures and social class 🙂
Original post by Picnicl
The grammar and punctuation in your post don't make a clear statement.
I’m looking for different view points regarding the question I have asked
Original post by Picnicl
But you haven't asked a question. You might have tried to but there is no meaningful statement there for us to consider because of the factors I said.
For instance, you seem to ask what are the arguments for and against the statement that a sociologist has argued something.
It's either true or false that a sociologist has argued something. Since you don't say who the sociologist is, how could we ever hope to find out if they argued this?
Ok, forget about the first part of my statement. The second part some people attribute poverty to a combination of material and cultural factors. Discuss
Imagine 2 people having a discussion about the statement that is what I’m looking for, one person may agree with the statement how would they support their argument and the other may disagree with the statement what would their argument be to support their theory.
Hope this helps
Reply 5
Life experience of your parents and hence aspirations from them for their children probably plays as big a role as anything so if this covers culture - the culture of your family you live in then yes.
Original post by mike44
Life experience of your parents and hence aspirations from them for their children probably plays as big a role as anything so if this covers culture - the culture of your family you live in then yes.
Thank you makes sense 😊
Reply 7
Original post by Teacoffeesugar15
What are the arguments for and against this statement sociologist argue people in NI attribute poverty to a combination of material and cultural factors
That is a great essay question. What do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending