The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Which source of news is the most neutral/free from bias.

Scroll to see replies

Al Jazeera LOL.

Straits Times :biggrin:
Reply 41
AP News agency.
Reply 42
I think the BBC is pretty neutral, despite its government support.
I would like to believe the Indy is neutral, but really it just appeals to my lefty soul. It's more neutral than most though.
The Times is definitely conservative at heart, you're just not reading between the lines enough. If you've ever read their Style magazine on Sunday, that's really Tory. I do agree it's less biased than many.
Reply 43
Salastico7
AP News agency.

Your signature is brilliant.
Reply 44
Financial Times or the Economist.

The least neutral will be the guardian, so anyone that suggested that should be shot.
Reply 45
Yeah, I was gonna say BBC news site.
Channel 4 News is the best in the UK as far as I'm concerned. It puts the BBC to shame.
Reply 47
Brouhaha
Your signature is brilliant.

Thanks.

The BBC is quite good... it has no affiliation with the government. It's simply funded by the state. People attack it for being too liberal/left wing though.

Channel 4 most in-depth... best quality.
Reply 48
The Economist?
Reply 49
The BBC is pretty impartial (just compare it to the news channels in the US)

I've always thought the Independant and the Times were pretty impartial, albeit one slightly left wing and one slightly right.

Ones that are not neutral/impartial: The Guardian, Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph
Reply 50
The BBC has shown itself to be incredibly biased and partial in the past couple of weeks, especially with regards to failing to show the whole picture. "The greatest lies are told in silence."

I can't believe I pay to fund the BBC. It has really shocked me. They are so biased and I'm furious. I have lost all my respect for it.
Actually Al Jazeera do present pretty balanced views... but I'd have to go with the BBC personally
Reply 52
FOX NEWS, just look at their fair and balanced report of the US elections, they are are truly neutral.

/sarcasm
Reply 53
The most? The Times.

But I read everything; Al Jazeera, Al Manar, PressTV, Jerusalem Post, Haartez, BBC News, NY Times, Huffington Post, Arutz Sheva, Ynet, International Herald Tribunal and The Guardian.

Then sometimes; Reuters and at certain times (ike now with the Gaza situation) I real AP the most.
Reply 54
what's wrong with reuters, i never read it, but i thought it was pretty neutral.
www.bbc.co.uk mate BBc doesn't lie
I wonder if anyone's linked to that ridiculously laughable "biased BBC" blog yet.

The BBC is doubtlessly the most independent and neutral source of news based within the UK. Admittedly, there's sometimes a bias within its stories, but that's often due to junior editors having an unusual amount of power (such as over the Christmas period, when senior ones are on holiday). Stories are actively checked and rechecked to maintain as much impartiality as possible before they're published, and realistically that's as close to neutrality as an organisation run by humans can be.

Al-Jazeera English is fairly impartial from what I've seen of it, but that's admittedly only the few hours I've spent watching it in hotel rooms. It seems quite recommended by other, at least.
bbc
Reuters?

They seem to deliver factual information - often without qualification on any side of an argument.

Latest

Trending

Trending