The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry CHEM2

Has anyone started revising for this module?
We've almost finished all of the syllabus, we just have a few more lessons to go before it's completely done and dusted. I think it's so much harder then CHEM1 though, I'm finding it really difficult!
Do any of you have any good ways of revising or any good chemistry websites?

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes - with one teacher all her topics are done-just a couple more lessons with the others after Easter holidays and then done. Although not quite because they never go into enough detail.
I have like 50 past papers though given me today. Not looking forward to them. Not going to start them anytime soon either:tongue:

I have websites given to me also today-will post them later if I saved them properly!!
Reply 2
Malsi101
Yes - with one teacher all her topics are done-just a couple more lessons with the others after Easter holidays and then done. Although not quite because they never go into enough detail.
I have like 50 past papers though given me today. Not looking forward to them. Not going to start them anytime soon either:tongue:

I have websites given to me also today-will post them later if I saved them properly!!

wow 50 past papers lucky you....i can't understand nuclear elimination (haloalkanes)
Reply 3
Theyre fine..

Rote-Learn the mechanisms and equations.

I struggle with redox reactions
Reply 4
like with half equations?
Reply 5
Yeah, I think the mechanisms can be learnt. It's enegetics, redox and the halogens that are the hardest topics in my opinion.
Reply 6
I do this module...:cool:
Reply 7
this unit is a fail.
we;ve got a crap teacher for it.
I'm confident on kinetics, energetics and equilibria. That's about it.
Reply 8
Yeah-there's just too much organic and I'm failing at all mechanisms. :sad:
so have you guys started revising for the exams yet? or just planning to during easter?
Reply 10
Revising generally, not particularly for the exams yet!
Reply 11
I'll start revising Chemistry towards the end. I'm more worried about Biology, even though I'm kind of worried about them all.
www.chemguide.com

Pretty damn awesome.

And you should constantly, every day or so, practice mechinisms and reactions on a bit of paper until you know them off by heart.
Reply 13
How tedious!

Will do!!:biggrin:
piece_by_piece
I'll start revising Chemistry towards the end. I'm more worried about Biology, even though I'm kind of worried about them all.

Yeah, same. The Chemistry exam isn't until the 11th June or something, so will focus on it later.
Reply 15
I hate REDOX reactions and enthalpy! These websites are quite good:

http://www.knockhardy.org.uk/sci.htm

and

http://www.docbrown.info/

Doc Brown is the best!
I havn't been revising as such, just been reading the textbook half and hour before I go to sleep. I need to hit exam questions - Im also finding the energetic chapter a nightmare!
after reading the specification...I dislike of how big it seems :s-smilie:
Reply 18
EierVonSatan
after reading the specification...I dislike of how big it seems :s-smilie:

it's comforting knowing you feel for us:tongue: :hugs:
Reply 19
Agreed..

I think it's like 10 or so chapters.

46.67% in one go. With no chance of re-sit before UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending