The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Please don't. Universities here are nothing compared to Europe/N.America etc..while they charge high fees.

And as far as I know, the only 'medical school'(in English) in the UAE is Gulf Medical University which is located in Ajman..which is a good 2 hour drive from Dubai during traffic
Reply 2
Nah, there's this one University in Dubai which is GOOD. It's called American University of Sharjah (AUS) and Sharjah is like just a stones throw away from Dubai. They've got pretty good requirements, like an ABB, which is high according to Dubai standards. And as far as I know, AUS is mainly a science oriented Uni, namely engineering. Lot of my friends graduated doing Civil Engineering and have wound up in awesome real estate construction jobs that used to pay well (of course, not any more). Fees are a bit high in AUS, the campus is really awesome too, and it is undoubtedly currently the best university in UAE. Questionsing AUS' reputation in the UAE would be like questioning Harvard's reputation in the USA.

And speaking of Harvard, I heard Harvard is in the process of opening a Harvard Medical School in Dubai.
really dont do it. ive gone through high school out here and im leaving i wouldn't even consider going to any of the unis here. take a holiday maybe living here full time is boring.
Don't do it! It's a horrible place, with a very distinct social hierarchy where the people at the bottom are treated horribly. Not that you would be in that group but still. It's also not a democracy and what's wrong with the Universities here and in the USA :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Ok, the UAE is not a bad place to live..but as I said before the universities are crap and full of pompus dicks :smile:.

@Jammer, AUS doesnt have a medical school..I would know.98% of my graduating class is there/going there
Reply 6
Funny, i am leaving DXB in a few days after losing my job in real estate to return to UK to do a real estate management degree, not sure if im doing the right thing but Dubai aint all that! And from what i can figure out, the education is nowhere near as good as UK/US although the weather is nice here!

Good luck!

ps. any real estate people also considering returning to HE let me know, im 30 and wondering if it's a good thing??
Reply 7
As a foreign person (non-arab), Dubai is great place for holiday or temporary stay. Actually, not many of international student came to middle east to study, most of the UAE students came to US, UK or EU to study the degrees. But, you see many foreign people fly over to UAE because they got enough experience to work there or other business reasons like transferring. So, as long to you got experience in medical then you can stay UAE as long as you like. I hope you find my advice useful..
How good are the UAE University, or other universities with branches in the UAE?

I understand it's only recently that UAE has started investing in higher education and naturally it may take some time to form some reputation. I am talking about education in English only.

Latest

Trending

Trending