The Student Room Group

Student Loan Finance Eligibility - UK Resident

Hello,

I am a resident living in the UK who previous lived in Dubai for 16 years, I'm 18 presently and moved to the UK on October 12th,2021.

Which would make it 2 years and 11 months and 9 days since I've come to the UK on the first day of my course.

My question is if I apply for Student Loan will I be accepted as it is written that it requires 3 years of living in the UK as a resident to be eligible for student loans and the home fees of £9250?

Does anyone have any experiences similar to this or any expertise?

Please I am not looking forward to pay £27,000 a year for four years otherwise.
I simply cannot afford it.
(edited 5 months ago)
You would be best planning a gap year if you can’t make a case for being ordinarily resident in the UK while living in Dubai
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You would be best planning a gap year if you can’t make a case for being ordinarily resident in the UK while living in Dubai

I have already taken one gap year, two gap years would perhaps make it difficult for me to get back into education and feel motivated for it as i'll be 24 by the time i finish university if that's the case.
Original post by SamDaGem
Hello,

I am a resident living in the UK who previous lived in Dubai for 16 years, I'm 18 presently and moved to the UK on October 12th,2021.

Which would make it 2 years and 11 months and 9 days since I've come to the UK on the first day of my course.

My question is if I apply for Student Loan will I be accepted as it is written that it requires 3 years of living in the UK as a resident to be eligible for student loans and the home fees of £9250?

Does anyone have any experiences similar to this or any expertise?

Please I am not looking forward to pay £27,000 a year for four years otherwise.
I simply cannot afford it.

Hi there,

What is your status in the UK and what nationality are you? Were you living in Dubai on a temporary basis due to family working there?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

What is your status in the UK and what nationality are you? Were you living in Dubai on a temporary basis due to family working there?

Thanks, Drew

I am currently settled status in the UK, and I'm Indian. I was living in Dubai for 16 years as I was settled there before I came here to the UK , Now i'm planning to stay here for an indefinite period because my mum has brought our entire family here.
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending