The Student Room Group

how likely am i to get into university of edinburgh?

I really want to go to Edinburgh for university. Basically my application:

1. demographics: international student (dubai, uae), indian, not first gen

2. grades:
GCSEs:
business 9, english language 9, english literature 9, economics 8, all sciences 7 (triple) & math 6.
^poor/average grades due to change in schools and curriculum (prev. an IB school) and bad mental health and anxiety

IB (predicted):
HL business 7, HL economics 7, HL english literature 7, SL math AA 7, SL physics 7, SL spanish 6
43/45

sat score - 1540 (not important - just adding for context)

I also took AP exams by self studying for them as my school didn't offer any AP classes:
english language 5, english literature 5, macroeconomics 5, microeonomics 5

3. extracurriculars/work experience:
classical dancer (13 years-)
guitar (5 years-)
taught e-commerce to blue collar workers (3 months)
unpaid internship for underprivledged young girls in uganda (6 months)
founder and leader of debate team (1 year-)
inclusion ambassador (1 year - a leadership position our school does, 1 person out of the entire school)
dance blog and podcast (2 years-) - reachability of >10,000
founder and leader of a volunteering organization in dubai (2 years-)
paid internship at mondelez international (2 months)
^ I know that extra-curriculars aren't super important for UK but I'm also planning to apply to US (UCLA specifically) so just thought it would help contexualize my app. a little bit.

what are my chances for university of edinburgh, roughly?
(also, i want to major in business and economics) - forgot to mention that
(edited 1 year ago)
It depends on your personal statement, school reference, grades you're finally going to get, and also what subject you're applying to -- does it need an interview?
What requirement grade do you need? Are you eligible for a contextual offer (if medical you need to get some proof from school/doctor)

This is not a question that could be answered just online by some stranger like me. It's about your ability!
I meet all the requirements, i'm in the top 10% of my cohort and as for my final grades/personal statement, I haven't actually gotten them yet or applied.
Obviously, I know personal statements and essays play a huge role as well as competition in Dubai. However, that is why I included a ton of information. I would take opinions with a grain of salt but I was just curious.
Reply 3
Original post by snigdha2007
I meet all the requirements, i'm in the top 10% of my cohort and as for my final grades/personal statement, I haven't actually gotten them yet or applied.
Obviously, I know personal statements and essays play a huge role as well as competition in Dubai. However, that is why I included a ton of information. I would take opinions with a grain of salt but I was just curious.

did you get in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending