The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
my heads in a spin. easiest thing to do is switch off, not think about with it and just stick with my decision.

or i should sort out something as soon as like find another course........this last week before results is becoming the worse week of my life.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 181
Am I the only person relaxed and looking forward to Aston? :tongue:
Reply 182
you should be, your doing business and management. good business school = good course.

i was looking forward to it until ermm 5 days ago when my mind got flipped :frown:
Reply 183
You get floods of people evry year ranting and raving about computer science and while there are a lot of problems with the dept there are in every dept. It sounds harsh too but I also think that many people go into Computer Science not knowing what to expect and not being prepared to work as hard as you are required.

I'm at the end of my placement and do CS and its taken me the placement to definately convince me that I should have followed my thoughts a few years ago and got into something more creative.

I'm good at CS and have an interest in it but think I could have focussed earlier to get into the field i now realise i want to be involved in.
Reply 184
omg omg omg omg starting to majorly panic about results! im doing business and management and ABB is nto looking likely...arghhhhhhhhh!! anyone else panicking?
Reply 185
Just remember what they said on the BAM open day, dont worry about, you cant change the result now. So you should just relax, concentrate on talking to the uni and try to work out a place for you. Aslong as you dont get less than 280 points or so im sure theyd consider you. I guess it depends what subject you lose it it.

But you can change it, so panicking about it isnt going to help. Just sit down and think exactly what your going to do when you get your results, be they good or bad. Which in either case, will probably be to report the the nearest pub.
Reply 186
As I said they usually take on people who don't achieve their offer grades provided its not a big drop.

At A-level I got BCDD and I think i needed BBC or BCC. I called up as soon as i got my results and they said i have a place. You won't know until the day so don't worry about it. If your reulsts are below the target don't start panicking until you've called Aston up.

beN
Reply 187
it seems as so the comp science at aston is willing to go low for offers to the course.

i dont even know if its the course for me. main reason for choice was that its one of the courses that appealed most to me. no other reason really. oh yea and also wanting to go to aston. :smile:

aston said on the open day that i went to that they much rather accept people who applyied there and want to go there than to get people from clearing who sometimes just come for the sake of it. seems pretty logical to me.
Reply 188
i thought they said on the BAM open day that they were unlikely to accept anyone without the grades because they had so many applicants??
argh, i dont know!! just last minute panicking i guess. i dont particularly want to go to my insurance, and the idea of clearing is...well, pretty awful really! it'll be like applying all over again, except under pressure this time. oh well, not long to wait now!!

If you get the grades, how soon do we find out which accomodation we got?
Reply 189
erm.. very soon i think as they want a quick turnaround to get things sorted.
Reply 190
Hello guys I'm a new member...my name's Francesco from Italy and will be joining Aston in September..pity that I found this forum just yesterday but I want to say hi to you all and wish good luck for your exams' results!
Reply 191
Hi Francesco,

I'm beN, one of the Aston Executove at the Students' Guild.

What course are you starting and where are you staying? Are you coming for international freshers' week?

beN
Reply 192
hi ben, yeah I will be at Aton on sept, 22nd but the accomodation is from the 24th....anyway they didn'd send me any accom. offer yet even though they guaranteed me a place..I guess they will contact me after the A levels results come up
I will study Business Administration and French
Reply 193
u guys i am seriously considering not going aston...i know dat sounds bad considering dey r my firm choice but...ive bin tinking and....boy i dont know....even if dey do accept me i may decline it....

someone convince me to come here PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Reply 194
ayo2006
u guys i am seriously considering not going aston...i know dat sounds bad considering dey r my firm choice but...ive bin tinking and....boy i dont know....even if dey do accept me i may decline it....

someone convince me to come here PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

what's made u change ur mind?
Reply 195
I needed abb for BAM, i got ABC and got accepted.
Reply 196
"dat sounds bad considering dey r my firm choice but...ive bin tinking and....boy i dont know....even if dey "

huh?
i've applied for computing for business. im really worried about the computing bit now ive read the teaching sucks. should i try and change to joint hons comp sci and business admin? would this even be possible presuming i do ok in grades on thurs? :frown: help!
Reply 198
The computing you will cover on computing for business or on Combined honours will be no way as heavy as a pure computer science degree so I wouldnt worry too much about it.
it may not even be the same teachers, so you may be taught better. I've got one module in economics with this uber-cool lecturer - alastair traill, but there's other people in the engineering block who have economics modules and have never heard of him!!

Latest