The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Wow ur really gettin into the whole uni experience thing! Ive registered on that student guild site too, btw cool that we get to go to Drayton Manor-i dnt even remember the last time i went, but stormforce10 was good i rekon! When is the trip anyway n hw dyu know? :cool:
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
It's on the Thursday, I've never been coz I live in Portsmouth and it's an arse to get to. We're only and hour and a half from Thorpe Park, but I'm bored of Colossus now
Reply 582
Cool thanks! Lol ive only been to thorpe park once..this summer actually was good but i dnt go on many big rides!Only managed nemesis inferno lol and the water rides r gud! Drayton Manors alrite too tho :smile:
Nemesis Inferno was my friend's first rollercoaster. His reaction: "I can't feel my heart!". Then he came on Colossus with us! *Speed freak*
Reply 584
I'm in basingstoke atm Lee Lee at the end of my placement. I went to thorpe park recently, slightly drunk but was a great day out.

beN
Reply 585
someone post the link so i can sign up to the guild website?

oh and what time is moving in on the 24th? when from i mean

ohhh and alternative night on monday, any good? we have a similar thing in portsmouth on a monday, superb night

ohhhhhhh easy to park on moving in day?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, just kidding, im done
Reply 586
http://www.fresherama.com/mon26.html thats got details abt the monday nite!

we can collect keys from 9AM - 5PM on saturday for moving in! Which halls u in?
dunno abt parking sorry n heres the registration form for the guild:

http://www.thestudentsguild.com/cms/signup.php that shud work!
Helix
ohhhhhhh easy to park on moving in day?

I was wondering that last night, the car park we parked in when I was on an open day was fairly close, but I can't imagine trying to drag all my stuff with me from there!
Reply 588
Quick question for the people already in Aston- what's security like in Aston? Prob the same as other uni's and people tend to get things nicked but Aston is smaller. Duno whether to get insurance or not so I can keep my laptop, favourite mug, and all my pots and pans safe
Reply 589
taken from another forum about the stafford accommodation:

""Stafford wasn't too chuffed on as shared showers with other flat and theres no security between flats and there was alot of stories of other flat nicking things - depends who's there reall"

Looks like ill be getting insurance :P
Insurance is probably a good idea regardless really. *Hopes her HSBC thing comes through with cheapo insurance soon*
Reply 591
i registered to the guild website :smile:
I'd get insurance, you never know what to expect. Although my flatmates were w****rs you could trust them with anything. However when the workmen came in and burst the hot water pipe, insurance came in handy.

So the lesson of the story is get insurance - you never know what might happen.

Phil
yea get insurance endsleigh is pretty good especially for students.....and definately insure your laptop!

with regards to moving in thats what aunties are there for :smile:

Kt
xx
Reply 594
I recommend getting there early, that way you can go into the city to get stuff you may have forgotten without missing out on meeting people.
Reply 595
good point, make sure youre back early for tea time to bond with flatmates and get ready for your first night at the guild.

I'm already excited and it'll be my third freshers week ;-)
I think my parents are planning for us to get there about lunchtime, which still means leaving at 9. I've been getting up at 10.30 for the past three months!
Ohh yea, Aston freakin rocks.

Roll on pharmacy 2005. Yay. anyone else out there doing phamracy? If not, hello to all you Astoners (inc soon to be Astoners).
Hi!

Welcome to the Aston Crew! We're all confused!
finally got the fresherama booklet etc this morning :smile: that little card thing though do we really have to put a photo on it! hmm

Latest