The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
dear lord im not ready to go at all, i think im gonna rush of to tesco and panic buy, so far i have............

a water filter with no filters! pah ill just do it all come the 23rd
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 661
i met simon yea
my course cooridnator is rav khalsi
but yea simon was the one who came to india
and yea they give a duvet and a pillow
but the pillow is useless and the duvet is supposedly very thin.. so yea... thats useless too haha
im gonna take a bag and go shopping in london.. haha and then get that bag back to birmingham
ok so i went on trainline.com or summin
i saw two single tickets for the 23rd and one from london to bham on the 24th
both were for 9.5 pounds
think its a good fdeal... shud i go for it?
usless pillow? thin duvet? bah humbugs
Mayn, even though I'm a 'home student', my own place would be nice. To burn time at uni, instead of wasting time at campus ya feelme?
Reply 664
Hey everyone.

I'm new here.

Staying in Stafford Floor 14 Room 17.

Studying computing for business.
Reply 665
even if they give a duvet and a pillow ima still bring ma own. nothing like those lil home comforts is there? you can keep their pillow and duvet for ya friends who come and crash over in peoples rooms. jc, im sure once you get to know peoples you may be staying at their every now and then so dont worry about being a home student.

oh and i went to my first cheese night tonite at works in kingston, west london. foam gig an all. was quite an experience :smile: my suade shoes didnt like the foam though.hmmmm. bring on freshers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey adzguest!...wot are u gonna be doin at aston??
argh this is terrible, im so jealous! can't wait till next year, anyway hope you all have a laugh and enjoy yourselves!
Reply 668
indy_punk
hey adzguest!...wot are u gonna be doin at aston??

Computing for Business!
oh sorryadz!!:frown:i dint read ur first post completely >_< my bad!!
i think kt (aka astonbitch) is doin tht one
take duvet and pillow. they give a pillow, but thats it. and its not the best pillow in the world.

Can't believe its like a week away. There's still so much to do. arrgh.

Phil
yes i am doing computing for business and yes do bring a duvet and probably a pillow bst bet to get to london is by train book in advance it cost me £23 for a return which isn't too bad...........

Kt
xx
Reply 672
thats 23 buck with the student rail card discount yea?
Reply 673
astonbitch
yes i am doing computing for business and yes do bring a duvet and probably a pillow bst bet to get to london is by train book in advance it cost me £23 for a return which isn't too bad...........

Kt
xx

I take it you're in the 2nd year now?

What's the first year like? How quickly do you get into really technical stuff?

I got Cs in Business and IT this year and am worrying I'll be a bit behind everyone what with the 3 B's predicted grades we needed.

Also, could you tell me an example of an assignment I might expect to do in the first few weeks, so I know what to expect!
Reply 674
The pillow is crap and you dont get a duvet. i took a matress pad too to make the bed more comfy.
The pillow is crap and you dont get a duvet. i took a matress pad too to make the bed more comfy.

great.im really dreadin leaving home now :'(
Ok, how much year round with students discounts n sutff for:
a) Bus card
b) Rail Card
c) Bus and Rail card
d) None of the above (syk)

? :smile:
Reply 677
well you get 34% off rail i think.

adam im feeling the same as you because they wanted more grades from me too but they still accepted.

i got a feeling i aint up to uni standards in terms of education but im sure once you get going on the course itll be arite. i mean were bound to be taught the basics first.

you gota crawl before you can walk :smile:
Reply 678
indy_punk
great.im really dreadin leaving home now :'(

cant be too bad no one really complained, im just a fussy **** who likes abit of luxury :redface:
Reply 679
Re: LONDON

The cheapest way of going between london and brum by train is the Birmingham Snow Hill to london marylebone service run by Chiltern Railways.

Snow hill station is closest to uni.

Go to http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk and look at the fares they do. its a bit tricky to follow but i believe they do a £15 ticket for off peak journeys, you'll have to read about it on the site but its the route my mates have used a lot to visit me on placement.

Latest