The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Are black people overrepresented in the media?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Blatant Troll
I had an inkling you'd lower the tone sooner or later :rolleyes: You sound like you've got a major chip on your shoulder

Out of interest which part of my comment is untrue?
Fusion
Crimewatch is only one hour a month, to be fair.

extremely racist - but that is funny - i did laugh at that -

But back to the point - i think yes they are over represented - does it really matter? not really. There will always be positive discrimination against minority groups - nothing you can do about it, just accept it
Fusion

I wonder, How many times have you been anally raped, seriously how many?
I bet your someones slut
TheJudge

The part that says your mother hasn't been shagged by me yet
BurntDesire&#8482
Well maybe you people are just too dumb to get jobs? So you blame it on the immigrants? How sad.

For your information, I have a degree in economics and management, as do all my other "dumb white hillbilly friends".
Reply 45
Fusion

Lol!!! :rofl:

Why am I laughing at my own race? :hmmmm:
Zweihander
For your information, I have a degree in economics and management, as do all my other "dumb white hillbilly friends".

Wow, i didn't know you were so educated, thanks for letting me know
Reply 47
TheJudge
I think you're right corrallie black people tend to cause problems wherever they go. I know the worst palces to live in the UK are black areas, the worst places to live in America are black areas, in Brazil black areas, in the world its africa.

Black people are a nuisance and because they have been given a victim card theya re now over represented in the media with trash like rap music and **** programs like dub plate drama.

Oh right. Here we go... :rolleyes:
Reply 48
BurntDesire™
The part that says your mother hasn't been shagged by me yet

This isn't a street gang in brixton, that sort of talk is not going to get you any Kudos here.
TheJudge
This isn't a street gang in brixton, that sort of talk is not going to get you any Kudos here.

okay there mr high-horse :getmecoat:
Reply 50
BurntDesire™
okay there mr high-horse :getmecoat:

Haha, do i sound like a very posh guy?

Comments like yours are sad on the internet. Talking tough and disrespecting my family is easy when i can only reply with words.
TheJudge
Haha, do i sound like a very posh guy?

Comments like yours are sad on the internet. Talking tough and disrespecting my family is easy when i can only reply with words.

Yes, you do sound like quite the posh twit :colonhash: Isn't it ironic how you say comments like mine are sad, when you just insulted the whole black population on teh internet, because you know people can only reply with words, too? Say the same thing in front of a bunch of black people in real life and I'll reinstate the status you so fashionably seem to assume.

Mr I'm-so-sophisticated-and-eloquently-fashionable isn't so much what he seems at all :proud:
Reply 52
BurntDesire™
Yes, you do sound like quite the posh twit :colonhash: Isn't it ironic how you say comments like mine are sad, when you just insulted the whole black population on teh internet, because you know people can only reply with words, too? Say the same thing in front of a bunch of black people in real life and I'll reinstate the status you so fashionably seem to assume.

Mr I'm-so-sophisticated-and-eloquently-fashionable isn't so much what he seems at all :proud:

Haha that is ironic. I am anything but a posh twit, however i am educated.

I am not insulting black people, i said they are over represented in the media and black areas are **** holes, all of which is true. Regardless insulting a race and insulting someones family are in a different league.

Its funny how you say a i should insult black people in front of a bunch of black people rather than a black person. Is gang violence so prevalent in black society that you cannot help but mention it?

Are you so eager to see me beaten up that a single black guy wont suffice?
TheJudge

TheJudge
I think you're right corrallie black people tend to cause problems wherever they go. I know the worst palces to live in the UK are black areas, the worst places to live in America are black areas, in Brazil black areas, in the world its africa.

Black people are a nuisance and because they have been given a victim card theya re now over represented in the media with trash like rap music and **** programs like dub plate drama.

How can I even give such an irrational post a rational response? :lolwut:

How the **** can you just know for a fact that the worst places to live in the UK are black areas? When considering the demographics of UK's most deprived wards in the North West/North East/Central Belt of Scotland (specifically Glasgow), I find no statistics that demonstrate them to black-dominated. Regarding Inner London, you'll find that it is the Asian community that frequents the most deprived areas. Though as they outnumber the black community several times over, this is entirely logical - and, I might add, no reflection of the wider Asian population.

And don't tell me you can also justify claiming that "black people (by which you insinuate the vast majority) are a nuisance"? You seem oblivious to the problems that a minority of the Asian community pose as well - though I'm not so myopic as to generalise.
Reply 54
mate just grow up, if you dont like seeing brown people on the screen turn off the screen and go outside in your little shellsuit and complain to your real life friends, assuming they aren't black of course.
TheJudge
Haha that is ironic. I am anything but a posh twit, however i am educated.

I am not insulting black people, i said they are over represented in the media and black areas are **** holes, all of which is true. Regardless insulting a race and insulting someones family are in a different league.

Its funny how you say a i should insult black people in front of a bunch of black people rather than a black person. Is gang violence so prevalent in black society that you cannot help but mention it?

Are you so eager to see me beaten up that a single black guy wont suffice?

It doesn't take a lot of guts to say something confrontational to just one person... By posting that online on a forum you're effectively speaking to a large group of black people anyway, why should the transference to real life be any different?

You may not be a posh twit, but you certainly are an ignorant twit :awesome:
Reply 56
TheJudge
I am talking specifically about television, movies, music etc...

The question is are black people overrepresented in the media in the UK. Black people make up 2 percent of the British population which is considerably smaller than asian populations living in the UK which is roughly double. However i cannot help but notice there is so much black culture television shows, much more black music and many black people orientated films.

It appears to me that the UK is trying to copy the US where there is a much more sizable black population roughly 11 percent of the population.

Could it be said that there is a form of discrimination against other minority groups in favour of black media?

Do you consider the media in the UK to push a black supremacy message? (consider the media hype over Lewish hamilton and the lack of media hype over jenson button)

Are black people over represented and what reason would you give?

Discuss...

ive often thought about this. jenson button is awesome
Reply 57
Blatant Troll
How can I even give such an irrational post a rational response? :lolwut:

How the **** can you just know for a fact that the worst places to live in the UK are black areas? When considering the demographics of UK's most deprived wards in the North West/North East/Central Belt of Scotland (specifically Glasgow), I find no statistics that demonstrate them to black-dominated. Regarding Inner London, you'll find that it is the Asian community that frequents the most deprived areas. Though as they outnumber the black community several times over, this is entirely logical - and, I might add, no reflection of the wider Asian population. You seem oblivious to the problems that a minority of the Asian community pose as well - though I'm not so myopic as to generalise.

And don't tell me you can also justify claiming that "black people (by which you insinuate the vast majority) are a nuisance"?

Get real we all know the areas with the highest crime rate are black areas. Being a deprived area and being a violent area is very different.

Do you know how many people i know who have been targetted by black gangs for robberies and violence?
Much more than there should be.

All i know is that i never want to live in an area like Moss Side or Brixton.
Reply 58
TheJudge
I am talking specifically about television, movies, music etc...

The question is are black people overrepresented in the media in the UK. Black people make up 2 percent of the British population which is considerably smaller than asian populations living in the UK which is roughly double. However i cannot help but notice there is so much black culture television shows, much more black music and many black people orientated films.

It appears to me that the UK is trying to copy the US where there is a much more sizable black population roughly 11 percent of the population.

Could it be said that there is a form of discrimination against other minority groups in favour of black media?

Do you consider the media in the UK to push a black supremacy message? (consider the media hype over Lewish hamilton and the lack of media hype over jenson button)

Are black people over represented and what reason would you give?

Discuss...

I have to be honest, I haven't seen a lot of Asian people (in a positivr light) in british media.

To people calling racist, read the damn OP before having a knee jerk reaction.
Reply 59
BurntDesire™
It doesn't take a lot of guts to say something confrontational to just one person... By posting that online on a forum you're effectively speaking to a large group of black people anyway, why should the transference to real life be any different?

You may not be a posh twit, but you certainly are an ignorant twit :awesome:

If i knew the black people were not going to attack me i'd happily tell them i think there is a serious problem with the black community in the UK and i expect many of them would agree with me.

I am not posh and i certainly am not ignorant.

Latest

Trending

Trending