The Student Room Group
Reply 1
charge im assuming mean mAh so its (1/6)×17(1/6)\times17 which equals 2.83333...2.83333...?
Reply 2
Q = It
Q = 17m * (10*60)
Q = 17*600/1000
Q = 10.2C
Reply 3
yer, charge = current * time

(though i've never seen mAh as units they are clearly valid, and quite suitable here magnitude-wise)
Reply 4
argh flashback to electronics exam :eek3:
Reply 5
MC REN
(though i've never seen mAh as units they are clearly valid, and quite suitable here magnitude-wise)

It's not good convention to put anything except the kilowatt-hour in terms of hours. Everything (barring kWh) should be written in seconds wherever possible - that is to say in 's'. No 'secs' in physics, as the old one says.
Reply 6
Entangled
It's not good convention to put anything except the kilowatt-hour in terms of hours. Everything (barring kWh) should be written in seconds wherever possible - that is to say in 's'. No 'secs' in physics, as the old one says.

Yer but in practice most fields have their own conventions for which units they use - which very often aren't the SI ones, and mAh are in fact used quite extensively in describing batteries for example
Reply 7
MC REN
Yer but in practice most fields have their own conventions for which units they use - which very often aren't the SI ones, and mAh are in fact used quite extensively in describing batteries for example

This is coursework, not industry. :p:
Reply 8
One will quickly learn that in science the SI is not the be or and end all, far from it in fact.
One usually uses the units that is most convenient for the job. When making comparisons, CGS has its advantages.
However mAh as a unit has a handy magnitude, as a Colomb is a damned insanely large charge.
MC REN
yer, charge = current * time

Have a look on a rechargeable battery, those are the units used there for capacity.

1400 mAh looks more impressive than 1.4 Ah (lol marketing!)

Latest